Reduced Price

Terri102066

Has anyone had a problem with Carnival not giving a OBC if you had a reduction in price? I know someone got a $160.00 OBC due to the fact that the price was lower now than when he booked. We are on the same cruise and I was told since we have paid in full we can't get any OBC. We cruise Monday and he was given his OBC on last Tuesday, Aug 22nd so he had already paid in full also.

When I questioned Carnival they said it was up to the supervisor that you speak to. Shouldn't it be a rule everyone gets the credit or no one gets the credit? I don't think it should be left up to who you speak with-- a supervisor is a supervisor.

By the way this is the 5th cruise with Carnival in 2 1/2 years and I also have one booked in September. It's not like I am not a loyal customer.

Terri

We had the same thing happen to us in June. The best we could do was a room upgrade. It seems the people who got the OBC used TA's and we used a PVP. One of the supervisors I talked too said that in some cases TA's have more clout with Carnival because of the number of bookings they do with them. I believe our PVP was really trying to help us out and was stuck between a rock and the shore.

Well we ended booking another cruise next year with him because he is a really nice guy and has been good to us in the past.

I was trying to deal with my TA, but I did call Carnival to ask the general question about did they give OBC for this or not. Carnival actually was the one that said that it was up to the supervisor. My TA said they had spoken to a supervisor from Carnival and they said no.

Terri

Funny thing - I just talked w/my PVP and found out that she IS the supervisor!:) But, bad news for me, she's moving to corporate offices, but kinda handed me over to another supervisor for future cruises. Yay. I've used her for the past several cruises. She has always gotten me OBC even 2 days before a cruise.

From what she alluded to, Carnival now tries to give upgrades rather than OBC, but will still give them if insisted upon. Outside agencies are a different ballgame entirely.

Apparently Carnival's new general policy is upgrade after final payment, not OBC. But they don't apply the policy evenly, and allow for supervisory exceptions. You would not be nearly as frustrated if your friend was denied OBC as well as you; its the unfairness of it that is most of the problem.

That said, maybe your friend paid more than you to begin with? (sounds like he booked directly with Carnival and you booked via discount TA?) Or maybe you can convince your friend to use their largess to spring for a few of your drinks. You can bug your TA some more, but its not sounding good. The answer to your question is YES, lots of folks have run into this lately. IT WOULD be nice if Carnival would apply the policy across the board and make it fair for everyone, though. OR at least give you an upgrade or free drinks or SOMETHING. Good luck.

We are on the Inspiration Oct. 14th. I called on Wed. and recieved a $40.00 OBC, today I checked on it had dropped again this time $60.00. These aren't huge OBC's credits, but we have the military rate and didn't pay a huge amount either.

Both times I had no problem getting the OBC, I booked with a PVP but did not call her for the discount.

I say keep trying, maybe ask for the supervisor yourself.

I started looking for a short 4 night cruise on the Inspiration about two weeks ago and the price has dropped from just over $700.00 for a 6D oceanview cabin all the way down to $562.00 total for the same cabin. We are booked now at the 562 price. That comes out to about $70 a night per person.

I paid for an upgrade to a Cat 12 suite and my Carnival PVP told me to call her atleast once a week until cruise time to keep checking on any price drops. She told me if the prices drop, even right before sailing time, she will give me an OBC, no problem. Maybe you should keep calling Carnival to see what they can do, I've noticed you get different levels of service depending on who picks up your call. Good luck.

Last week our price drop $130 for a cat 12 Suite(per room) and our PVP gave us OBC after final pmt...and told us to keep watching.. I mean we can't get an upgrade...I have a awesome PVP who I have used for the last couple of years and will continue as long as she is there:)

I agree should be across the board though

Tina

Archived