Rude Waiter on Enchantment

Been looking for you to see if you are a Grandma yet? I remember you telling our thread that it was sometime this summer. I hope all is well with you and I miss you and your humor. I lost your email address, so I couldn't contact you that way. Our daughter is pregnant again. She is due next March, 3 days after we get home from our Jewel cruise. She is cutting that one short. If you still have my email, send me a note if you want.

Take care.....

Judy

......She stated the rudeness started when he lectured her about the seapass.......

Ah, and therein lies the rub.

She also accused the first 4 posters to this thread of "lecturing" her. Check her 2nd post. :) And then go back and read what those first 4 posters had to say. None of them "lectured" her. They just offered ideas of why her seapass card might have been requested. And one stated that requesting a seapass card would not be rude.

So if she calls those first 4 posts "lecturing" when they obviously were not at all, wouldn't that lead to a questioning of her evaluation of the situation with the waiter also? That is all I am saying.....

Perhaps had she said why do you need to see mine instead of I don't have it, there were have been a different response from the waiter.

Two words:

RAH-RAH!:p

Maybe those are more expressions than words, but you all get the point!:D

At this point we don't know exactly what was said by her or the waiter. We could play what if games all night long but it won't do anything to answer the OP's question.
True, and we never did, and never will. However, this would be a pretty boring place indeed if no one were ever allowed to speculate, or state an opinion contrary to the OP's, or drift from the original topic.

Perhaps had she said why do you need to see mine instead of I don't have it, there were have been a different response from the waiter.

And maybe she was being honest rather than confrontational. Don't we like honesty, MGoBlue2?

And maybe she was being honest rather than confrontational. Don't we like honesty, MGoBlue2?

Honesty from someone saying something negative about a waiter cannot be true according to some. They will find fault in the op no matter what . There has never been a rude waiter according to some, althoughh I had one but it did not ruin my cruise.

Ah, and therein lies the rub.

She also accused the first 4 posters to this thread of "lecturing" her. Check her 2nd post. :) And then go back and read what those first 4 posters had to say. None of them "lectured" her. They just offered ideas of why her seapass card might have been requested. And one stated that requesting a seapass card would not be rude.

So if she calls those first 4 posts "lecturing" when they obviously were not at all, wouldn't that lead to a questioning of her evaluation of the situation with the waiter also? That is all I am saying.....

If the first 4 posts read her original post they would of realized that it was her husband and kids drinking soda not her. Again why would the waiter even ask for her seapass?

At this point we don't know exactly what was said by her or the waiter. We could play what if games all night long but it won't do anything to answer the OP's question.

The first 4 posters answered the question. The answers weren't appreciated and the posters were accused of "lecturing" by the OP. Just like the waiter was accused of "lecturing" the OP. Do we perhaps see a pattern here? :D

If the first 4 posts read her original post they would of realized that it was her husband and kids drinking soda not her. Again why would the waiter even ask for her seapass?

2 things. First, if all 4 posters misread her post in exactly the same way, perhaps that speaks to the clarity of the post.

Secondly, what does the misreading of the post have to do with the OP accusing them of "lecturing" her. They did not lectured. They offered ideas - that they thought she was asking for. I did not see any "lectures"

So perhaps when she says the waiter "lectured" her.........:)

The first 4 posters answered the question. The answers weren't appreciated and the posters were accused of "lecturing" by the OP. Just like the waiter was accused of "lecturing" the OP. Do we perhaps see a pattern here? :D

Maybe she just likes using the word?:confused::p

But, IMO, those who stated that they don't see how it was rude can't really comment on that. Like I said, they weren't there. How do they know whether or not it was rude? It really blows my mind and makes me laugh.

But, we're going in circles here, so i'll sign off now.

Happy cruising!

But, IMO, those who stated that they don't see how it was rude can't really comment on that. Like I said, they weren't there. How do they know whether or not it was rude? It really blows my mind and makes me laugh.

Happy cruising!

I think it's pretty clear that the OP felt the waiter was rude, however, that in no way is proof that the average person would have considered him rude. And expressing an opinion based on what was written by the OP is entirely legitimate.

Happy cruising!

I think all that most people said was that it was not rude to ask for the seapass card.

Anyone who has cruised knows how busy the waiters are. They run all meal long. The last thing most people can imagine is a waiter taking the time to ask for a bunch of seapass cards that he didn't need - just for the heck of it. It makes much more sense to assume that he did have a reason.

On our recent cruise, our waitress left a piece of paper on the table and asked everyone to write down their name and cabin number. We all complied and never thought about it again. I didn't notice whether or not she asked the people at her other tables to do the same. It never occurred to me to question her motives, but now I wonder why she wanted our cabin numbers? She did greet each of us by name every night, so I assume she learned our names from her list. She said we "threw her off" several times when we switched seats!

Linda

On our recent cruise, our waitress left a piece of paper on the table and asked everyone to write down their name and cabin number. We all complied and never thought about it again. I didn't notice whether or not she asked the people at her other tables to do the same. It never occurred to me to question her motives, but now I wonder why she wanted our cabin numbers? She did greet each of us by name every night, so I assume she learned our names from her list. She said we "threw her off" several times when we switched seats!

Linda

We have had 2 different waiters do that. And, yes, they always called us by name thereafter. On the second occasion, I left a wrap at the table one night and it showed up in my cabin later that evening with a note from the cabin steward saying it was found in the dining room. I assume the waiter gave it to the room steward. :)

Hello. I don't think you need to explain yourself to anyone. If you felt he was being rude, then chances are he may have been. We just got off the Enchantment and it was definitely not what we expected. The ship was beautiful. However, many of the staff did not smile or reply, even when we said hi. It was like they couldn't bother. And before anyone bashes me......we are such easy travelers. We say hi to people, we actually clean our messes......and we leave tips where ever we go. I also read some posts on the Cruise Director. Both positive and negative. In our past cruise experiences, and there have been many, the CD really pepped up the ship. Paul did seem nice. But you hardly ever saw him. A lot of people around the ship commented on this and also the friendliness of many of the staff. We did have a lovely cabin steward. Our server was quite cold at first and refused requests of fellow table mates (like for a second entree...she hemmed and hawed). However she warmed up nicely and was quite lovely. The assistant waiter served the bread and we didn't see him until dessert.....really. This could be why the server was a bit "off" at first. People were also put off by the lack of variety in the dining room. Seriously, nice people not complaining just having a conversation by the pool (which we overheard). We had a lot of laughs on the ship. And a good time overall. However, it was no where near our past cruise experiences. We came back to RC after many cruises on Princess, some Carnival, etc. and will definitely cruise with them again. However, we were disappointed.

Hello. I don't think you need to explain yourself to anyone. If you felt he was being rude, then chances are he may have been. We just got off the Enchantment and it was definitely not what we expected. The ship was beautiful. However, many of the staff did not smile or reply, even when we said hi. It was like they couldn't bother. And before anyone bashes me......we are such easy travelers. We say hi to people, we actually clean our messes......and we leave tips where ever we go. I also read some posts on the Cruise Director. Both positive and negative. In our past cruise experiences, and there have been many, the CD really pepped up the ship. Paul did seem nice. But you hardly ever saw him. A lot of people around the ship commented on this and also the friendliness of many of the staff. We did have a lovely cabin steward. Our server was quite cold at first and refused requests of fellow table mates (like for a second entree...she hemmed and hawed). However she warmed up nicely and was quite lovely. The assistant waiter served the bread and we didn't see him until dessert.....really. This could be why the server was a bit "off" at first. People were also put off by the lack of variety in the dining room. Seriously, nice people not complaining just having a conversation by the pool (which we overheard). We had a lot of laughs on the ship. And a good time overall. However, it was no where near our past cruise experiences. We came back to RC after many cruises on Princess, some Carnival, etc. and will definitely cruise with them again. However, we were disappointed.

Get ready to be bashed by some on this board! :eek: LOL

I cruised on the Enchantment many years ago when she was a brand new ship. I found every part of it to be amazing, but things do change over the years. I just got back from a Princess cruise (the LIST one) and it was truly the best cruise I have ever been on. I plan on sticking with Princess for awhile, as I have found that the food on RCCL isn't nearly as good as Princess. RC's ships are amazing, though.

I'm sorry you were disappointed with your cruise. Have you been on the Crown yet? If not, I would highly recommend it!:D

Happy Cruising!

Archived