Star Princess Cabins

2manyplaces

Hi, we are somewhat new to cruising and are booked on the Star Princess in December. We have never sailed on Princess before, so I am looking for some cabin advice. My TA can get me a balcony cabin, Aloha 626. I am somewhat concerned about noise from the Lido deck above (I think the Horizon Court is above our cabin). Should I be worried or just happy she got me a cabin on an upper deck? I have read somewhere that Caribe deck balconies are larger but I can't figure out where I found that, can anyone give me the scoop on that? Thanks in advance for your help, I've been reading the boards and finding tons of very helpful advice.

I Have Sailed Over 40 Times And Have Always Checked The Above Deck Over My Cabin. Personally, I Would Not Book Anything That Does Not Close Down By Midnight. You Very Might Hear Some Noise. Also, If You Are Late Sleepers, The Horizon Court Opens Early For Guests, But Very Early For Staff. Hope This Helps.

I Have Sailed Over 40 Times And Have Always Checked The Above Deck Over My Cabin. Personally, I Would Not Book Anything That Does Not Close Down By Midnight. You Very Might Hear Some Noise. Also, If You Are Late Sleepers, The Horizon Court Opens Early For Guests, But Very Early For Staff. Hope This Helps.

We were on Star Princess for the Baltic cruise last August. Because of a special promotion here in the UK we were restricted as to which cabins we could book and could only book insides in most categories. We did consider paying extra to upgrade to an outside or balcony cabin but thought the extra £300 each (Pounds Sterling) or £700 each respectively could be better directed to our onboard bill and shore excursions.

On the advice of our TA we opted for Caribe Deck and were very happy with the location - fairly middle of the ship and away from all the noisy areas. We were in Cabin 220 which was not as midship as we would have normally chosen but it was a good, spacious cabin and we found it suited us admirably as we were hardly ever in the cabin preferring to get out on deck or venture ashore to see all the sights.

Hope this helps. Star was a lovely ship and I understand that the refurbishment following the fire has been a huge success.

Have a great trip.

Suron in Bristol, England

I was in A626 on another "Grand Class" ship in the spring; no complaints. Atleast I am pretty sure I was in 626; I will check and repost. If I am correct it was pretty quiet.... Port side near the aft stairwell....

Are you on the Dec 2nd Sailing?

About the balcony size DECK A & B have smaller but more private balconies... C&D are larger but visable from A&B

One of our first balcony cabins was on the Aloha Deck on the Grand or Golden. It was so noisy in the very early morning. The cabin was below the seating area outside of Horizon Court. It began around 6am. I think it was staff moving chairs around, but it also could have been early-risers having breakfast. Check the location carefully as someone else recommended.

We had A621 on the Grand last January and just loved it - no noise from anywhere and completetly private and easily accessible to aft pool, etc. We are on the Grand again next January with the parents, and were able to snag adjoining cabins on Caribe, but if it was just the 2 of us, we would have booked A621 again becuse we enjoyed it there so much!:)

We had A621 on the Grand last January and just loved it - no noise from anywhere and completetly private and easily accessible to aft pool, etc. We are on the Grand again next January with the parents, and were able to snag adjoining cabins on Caribe, but if it was just the 2 of us, we would have booked A621 again becuse we enjoyed it there so much!:)

correction: Not adjoining cabins on Caribe, but next to each other.

2manyplaces theres a roll call started for the Star DEC 9 we'll be sailing with you. Looking forward to talking the roll has been a little slow but will pick up now that labor day is here some of our cruise mates have been out and about on summer end holidays. Zookepr0, Paul and Denise

Archived