Anniversary Aboard Ship

2manyplaces

You will get 3 Happy Anniversary balloons outside your cabin door. They used to (not sure if they still do) have a cake for you for dessert if you were traditional dining and mentioned your anniversary to your head waiter (somehow I have gotten the feeling that they now charge extra for that cake, but I may be confusing them with Red Lobster, which is the best I can hope for on my anniversary here at home ;) ). And we have gotten a signed card from the captain too, but not for the past couple of times on Princess, so that may differ by ship.

Happy anniversary!!

We celebrated our Anniversary last week onboard the Caribbean Princess. We awoke to the standard three balloons outside our cabin door. That afternoon we found a card in our mailbox that asked us to present it at the door when entering the diningroom as they would have a special treat for us. They bring around a small cake and sing to you. End of special perks, that is about it.

We were on the Grand in March and celebrated our anniversary. We did the balcony dinner which was well worth it. Cost is an extra $100 plus we gave a tip. Check into the boards to see what it entails, made our trip.

We also celebrated our anniversary last week aboard the CB. We received a the 3 balloons and a congratulatory letter in our cabin along with a small cake at our late seating traditional dinner. Unfortunately, it was presented after dessert on the last night of the cruise. Our waiter wrapped the cake up for us as we were too full to eat it so we took it back to the cabin that night. It was too rich of a chocolate cake to eat for breakfast the next morning so we had to leave it on the ship as we were afraid we would not be able to pass customs inspection upon disembarkation.:(

We celebrated our 25th on the Star in May. Ballons and poster delivered to the door with a note. Also received a certificate to present to the dining room - anytime dining. We also chose to order the champagne brunch to enjoy on the balcony. Well worth the $25 - excellent food and service. Happy Anniversary!:)

We celebrated our 25th on the Star in May. Ballons and poster delivered to the door with a note. Also received a certificate to present to the dining room - anytime dining. We also chose to order the champagne brunch to enjoy on the balcony. Well worth the $25 - excellent food and service. Happy Anniversary!:)

Hi catravelers - How do you book the champagne brunch? Is it something you have to reserve/book on-line before we leave? Is it $25 pp or total? We'll be celebrating our 25th anniv on our Hawaii cruise in Oct. So excited. Thanks

We are celebrating our 40th onboard the Sea Princess, Transatlantic, in mid September (our 30th was on the Star Princess in Alaska)

When booking in the UK we had to supply a copy of our wedding certificate and were granted a free Anniversary Package. The brochure states the package includes

" An upgrade of one stateroom category for anniversaries (two for honeymoons) plus:

A bottle of chilled champagne delivered to your state room, accompanied by two beautiful long stemmed roses.

Two Princess Cruises souvenir Champagne glasses.

Delicious chocolate-dipped strawberries delivered to your stateroom on your first evening aboard.

A framed photographic portrait to remember the occasion.

A personal anniversary or honeymoon card from the Captain".

We have the upgrade.:) :)

We also faxed them a copy of our marriage certificate, i said i did not want the upgrade due to having picked the location we wanted.

When i received our invoice Princess had dropped the price to the catagory lower with out being asked to,we were very pleased at this.

We are celebrating our 40th onboard the Sea Princess, Transatlantic, in mid September (our 30th was on the Star Princess in Alaska)

When booking in the UK we had to supply a copy of our wedding certificate and were granted a free Anniversary Package. The brochure states the package includes

" An upgrade of one stateroom category for anniversaries (two for honeymoons) plus:

A bottle of chilled champagne delivered to your state room, accompanied by two beautiful long stemmed roses.

Two Princess Cruises souvenir Champagne glasses.

Delicious chocolate-dipped strawberries delivered to your stateroom on your first evening aboard.

A framed photographic portrait to remember the occasion.

A personal anniversary or honeymoon card from the Captain".

We have the upgrade.:) :)

This might be a free package if you book your cruise in the UK. In the US this package costs $140/couple and the upgrade is not guaranteed.

Hi catravelers - How do you book the champagne brunch? Is it something you have to reserve/book on-line before we leave? Is it $25 pp or total? We'll be celebrating our 25th anniv on our Hawaii cruise in Oct. So excited. Thanks

Each night we received an order form for the regular brunch. After a few days they started including the champagne brunch which we scheduled for a sea day when we could relax and enjoy one of the sunny days we had. It was $25 total which included a small bottle of champagne, full brunch and coffee. Well worth it. I think you can order it for any day, just contact your room steward. The waiter delivering the meal was from Sabatini's - we met him the next evening when we dined there.

I preordered Eggs Benedict and crunchy french toast for breakfast in the dining room. If you request them the night before, you can get them any morning for breakfast even if they are not on the menu (note: on the Crown last week, they also made them if you asked in the morning if you could wait 20 minutes) When we got to the dining room the next morning (and were seated at a table for two) I ordered 2 mimosas. When they found out we were celebrating, the waiters made a huge fuss over us! We also got our little chocolate cake and a song at dinner.

For my son's birthday on the Crown we invited some friends (with kids) we had met on board. I ordered the eggs benedict and french toast and also kippers for the grown ups and all the kids got chocolate chip pancakes. They brought over the little cake and sang to him at breakfast and we got another cake and song at dinner.

I think I remember reading that if you want a large cake that will feed your entire table, it costs $15. But, the little cakes are free.

Happy anniversary!

Each night we received an order form for the regular brunch. After a few days they started including the champagne brunch which we scheduled for a sea day when we could relax and enjoy one of the sunny days we had. It was $25 total which included a small bottle of champagne, full brunch and coffee. Well worth it. I think you can order it for any day, just contact your room steward. The waiter delivering the meal was from Sabatini's - we met him the next evening when we dined there.

Thank you for the info. I think this is what we will do, it sounds real nice. I looked at the celebrations you can order on-line for an anniversary and it was very expensive.

Archived