Seven Secrets to Great Cruising.....

Mikel1733

Handling your own baggage is all well and good, but how do you pack for eight days in carryon-size luggage? :confused:

I have done this every time for every cruise (even 8 day). You have to plan & put thought into it. I sometimes cruise with my sisiter & she brings so many suitcases she cannot handle them all. I carry my own & help her with her carryon. She cannot possibly wear everything she brings & doesn't.

I have done this every time for every cruise (even 8 day). You have to plan & put thought into it. I sometimes cruise with my sisiter & she brings so many suitcases she cannot handle them all. I carry my own & help her with her carryon. She cannot possibly wear everything she brings & doesn't.

I would never want to carry on my own luggage....AND I could never (at this point in my life) pack for a cruise in a carry-on size....WELL I should say that I could of course but I choose not to!

For me, part of what I love about my cruise is having choices - and that includes my clothes for the evening :) I KNOW that I pack a lot more than I need to (I have traveled with only a duffle bag in the past) BUT as a single mom with 4 kids I rarely get the time to ponder my wardrobe and decide which outfit/shoes/accessories I feel like wearing for dinner. Having extra choices is part of the vacation experience for me SO.....as long as there are porters I'll keep checking 2 pieces of luggage and carrying a bathing suit, cover-up, sandals and an outfit appropriate for the dining room in my carry-on ;)

imagine the people mad at embarkation because of the lines, then add to that the couple that decides to bring their luggage, and keeps having to move it, then the wife goes to the bathroom so the husband has to move it up, then run back for the other... i`ll pay the few bucks to the porters to have them take it to the ship and i can wait a will.... however i did miss a bag for a few hours, till i saw it down the hall the last time.. no worries though

can't wait, january will not come fast enough

Archived