WAIT LISTED For MAiIN SEATING DINING??

Hi We are wait listed for Main Seating Dining on our September 2004 Cruise,has anyone had this happen and finnaly been able to get Main Seating?

Late seating is so late to eat we would have to eat inthe Windjammer Buffet every night.

Yes it happens. Main seating fills up faster, that's the way it's always been. You still may get it or be able to switch once you get on ship. Best thing to do is to book as early as possible so that you can get the seating and cabin that you most desire.

Hi We are wait listed for Main Seating Dining on our September 2004 Cruise,has anyone had this happen and finnaly been able to get Main Seating?

Late seating is so late to eat we would have to eat inthe Windjammer Buffet every night.

My suggestion would be if you aren't switched to your seating preference before you leave, go to the maitre 'd as soon as you board and try to get your seating changed. We've been able to do it in the past. Sometimes they make a mistake and put people at the wrong seating. I prefer late seating and have sometimes been assigned early. I think a lot of people were happy when I changed my seating to late as there were people in line who were waiting for something early to open up!

bobbetty-

we too would be asleep in our soup if we had late seating....talk about bad tabelemates!

I discovered that a good time to get your assigned time changed is when final payment is due. Depending on the length of your cruise that can vary from 30 days out to 70 or even 90 (some holiday sailings?) I'd suggest you find out what that date is and try and change then-- hopefully you haven't passed it yet. Seems like when the "rubber hits the road" quite a few cabins (and their assigned dinner seatings) open up. I did discover you have to do this through your agent (unless you booked directly with RCCL). We booked via Sky Auction and that made it a bit complicated. However- I found a PWB (person with brain) at SkyAuction and it was taken care of.

I'm sure our would-have-been late seating mates would be so relieved to see we got changed...as we were!

wishing you a wonderful cruise.

FYI Just in case you need changed due to medical reasons......We were just on the Serenade and booked late, so we were put on the late dining list. I have a medical problem which would be affected by eating so late. I sent a doctors statement to the dining cordinator. I did not receive a response, but found out we had been moved to the first seating as we checked in at the port. If you have a medical problem, they do try to help out.

We were on a waiting list for main seating for our 6/6 Mariner cruise. Around time of final payment, we did finally get it. Check your reservation periodically and it couldn't hurt to call RCI around final payment date either. Good luck!!!

I must add my two cents to this issue. A few years ago I was on Grandeur

and was wait listed for first seating. As soon as we boarded I went to the

library where the maitre'd was seeing those that had no seating assignment,

and those that were seeking a change. He told me that he did not think

we could change to early seating. I didn't get upset with him or rant and

rave, but I said to him: "if we don't get early sitting, Royal Caribbean will

never see me again". A little later in the day upon returning to our cabin,

there was a note under our door to see the maitre'd at the dining room

at 6PM. When we got there, we were "amazed" to find that space had

"mysteriously" opened up for first seating and we were put at a table for

six. So, don't despair if you have trouble.....just perservere and chances

are you'll get first seating assignment.

That is funny, we love late seating an always request it. When booking some of our cruises late...........less than six months out, we always wind-up with mian seating and my dh always has do go to the matrie'd to change it. We are now booked on the Millie for august, booked back in Feb, and again assigned main seating...dh is prepared to again go the matire'd to change it. There is no way, we can be ready for dinner that early.

If there are lots of families with small children traveling on your cruise, it can be hard to get to late seating. On those few occasions when we have been "stuck" with late seating, we just had to adjust our bodies like we were in a different time zone. Instead of awakening at 6 or 7 (our usual) we slept in until 8 or 9. Brakfasted at 9; lunched at 2 and supper at 9. A trip to the champagne bar yields pre-dinner hors d'overs to hold us over. On port days, by the time we were ready to leave the ship, there were no lines. It wasn't my favorite, but we were able to make it work for us.

We purposely chose late seating because we heard from other family members that they missed the early seating when docked. They wanted to get the most of the location that they ended up having to eat on shore and lose out on their already paid for dinners. Because of this, I don't mind eating a little later in the evening if it means getting the most of our docks in cities we've never been to. :)

I think a lot of that has to do with the time the ship is supposed to cast-off from the port. On the itinerary for the cruise I'm taking, that's either 4:00 pm or 5:00 pm, so interaction with early dinner seating time isn't an issue.

BICKER

That may be true for the guys,but for the gal's who it can take an hour or more simply to get ready (and thats pushing it ).:rolleyes: Nails have to be touched up,seahair dealt with,legs shaved,and squeeze in to those clothes that have suspiciously shrank since we boarded.:eek: 2nd formal night on the Rhapsody is Thursday....that is a 4'oclock departure from GC.....

We chose late this time because of that very reason, others in our party (father& company) had early...We tried to switch in April,and it was too late,which was fine by us.

(From Bicker's wife)

Actually I do look like that after a day in the sun. :p

Having short hair, using minimal make up, and having my nails done at a salon before I go on a trip helps cut down the time it takes me to get ready. I can certainly see how some other women take more time to get ready, though. It also helps not having many choices about what to decide to wear since I've a limited selection to choose from what I've packed. :rolleyes:

I have never had a problem getting the seating I wanted. When I board, I check to see what is assigned. If I want a change, I go to the maitre'd and ask for a change. I have never bribed him front end, but would if indicated.

Gene in Birmingham

Archived