booking return flight

gannie

I have found a great deal on airfair for my cruise in March. The boat is leaving from Fort Lauderdale. The latest return flight is 10:54 AM, to get the good deal. Will we be able to make that? Has anyone had experience with late morning flight departures when coming home?

I have found a great deal on airfair for my cruise in March. The boat is leaving from Fort Lauderdale. The latest return flight is 10:54 AM, to get the good deal. Will we be able to make that? Has anyone had experience with late morning flight departures when coming home?

I assume the flight is going into FLL??? You would be pushing it... if the ship gets in on time, and isn't held up with customs, and you do self assist or VIP debarkation, you may be okay... but be prepared just in case, to spend the night in FLL ;)

GAnny, you didn't have to use the thumbs down: I thought you were going to write something really bad but don't worry, it will get lots of attention. Can you make an 11am flight? Probably, assuming there are no new retrictions put on security. let's hope there are none, cause if there are that would mean problems for all of us. You will need to let the ship know the day or so prior to debarkation you will need the earliest exit.

NMNita

FLL airport is close to the port, and a very easy airport to get around and the security lines usually aren't that bad, but you have to keep in mind, most airlines now start boarding 30 min prior, so that means being at the gate at 10:25. you would have to be off the ship by 8:45-9:00.

I have done this before, and we took a taxi to the airport and that was less the 15min, but than again I work for an airline so if I miss one I can get on another.

Archived