Coco Cay & Waterpark ??

cgc33a

How does the waterpark & giant slide work at Coco Cay? The RCCL web site lists them separately as "excursions". Seems like a lot of $ for them both: 15. for the "park" and 20. for the slide. Are they appropriate for a 6 year old (can swim but not great)? Are they in the middle of everything or do you need to go to another area to get to them? Do they give you a wrist band or something? How about the snorkling. The excursion page gives a price for all equipment but I think I have read on these boards that if you have your own mask & snorkel, they charge 6. for the vest. Is this correct?

thanks for your responses

They didn't have the waterpark at Coco Cay the last time I was there. I really don't see why you would need to spend the extra money when there are plenty of "beach" things to do for free! As far as the snorkel equip.--they will charge you separetly for the vest if you bring your own other stuff. You can rent floats (mats) or bring your own blow-up kind. We loved Coco Cay,and aside from a mixed drink, spent no money at all there! We think of it as a sea day, but on dry land!

The slide is not in the water. It looked like fun though. The kids that were using it were having a blast. It is over on the right when you get off the tenders. It's a short walk, but out of the way of the main beach area.

The waterpark is out in the water. Pretty far out there too. There was a big mountain type thing that I remember...maybe in the shape of an iceberg. I don't remember anymore about it.

Yes, you can bring your own equipment to snorkel and just buy the vest. $6 sounds right. The snorkeling was pretty fun here. There is a facade of a ship front in one spot, a sunken airplane with lots of fish living in it, and over to the left of the beach (facing it) is a rocky area where there were lots of fish where I saw an eagle ray.

Hope this helps!

kitty

The waterslide was for all day use- if I recall. As the previous poster said-- it was on the beach. Our son loved it-- and for the first 2 hours he was the only one using it. It wore him out-- but to us it was worth the $20. Can not comment on the "water park"-- it looked like some blow up things you could climb on-- and jump etc....

Three girlfriends and I (all 30 years old, mind you) had the best time on both the aqua park and slide. Yes, they were priced separately and pricey, but worth it. You had a limited time slot at the aqua park that was monitored by a guy rowing around in a small boat to watch you. The water was a little deep but everyone wears lifejackets. There was a trampoline to climb on and jump off into the water. FUN FUN FUN! There was an inflatable rock climbing wall, but we are so devoid of any upper body strength that we couldn't even climb the darn thing!:o

I don't remember how the slide was monitored, I believe we had a bracelet on. We used it a bunch of times.

Go for it!:)

I have taken my kids to the aqua park at Labadee (looks similar) and if your 6 yr old is adventous then it would be fine, if not then I would not spend the money. Mine were 7 & 10 but both good swimmers and my 7 year old had a hard time on some of the things because she was small. The iceburgs are challenging but alot of fun.

Archived