NO MUTS on Golden?????

JotWorld

When I was on the Caribbean Princess, I think I heard them say that it cost $1,000,000 for MUTS. I can think of a lot of things to spend that money onboard than a giant screen and sound system.

The first one that comes to mind is internet(data) ports in the cabins. You can go to almost any hotel and find data connections in your rooms. :)

While it would be convenient to check email quickly in the room it really isnt a problem going to check it in the internet cafe. I love MUTS as stated earlier and am glad they did spend the money on it. It benefits alot more people than the few who would stay holed up in their room on the internet. This is a vacation to relax for me. Just my opinion.

I enjoyed MUTS on our Greek Isles cruise. We did not go every night but we did enjoy it twice :)

I will make sure princess is aware that I enjoyed the expeirience. On the nights we did not go it did not bother us and on the Grand the big speakers were used. Sound did not equal a movie theater but is was pretty good. The expierience is far superior to a drive in....

We love it.... That part of the ship looks like a ghost town in the evening anyway... Not sure how It could bother anyone

Do people ever just go on vacation anymore? You know, where they leave it all behind? :confused:

I think one of those most relaxing week-long vacations we took is when we stayed up at a lake cabin at a resort. We had no TV, no computer. No cell phones. (Our family didn't have them at the time). No iPods (they weren't invented yet). There was a phone (mostly for emergencies.) I used it once. What EVER did we do for that week????!!! :eek: Well....let's see....we sat on the beach. We swam in the lake. We went for walks and hikes. We joined in the various activities at this resort. I did bring along a small "boombox" for CDs and FM radio. So at night we sat and listened to music and read BOOKS. We also built roaring fires in the beautiful, river rock fireplace. And, best of all, we interacted with each other rather than something that plugged in. The owners left a little journal there for people to write in if they wanted. I enjoyed reading one family's entries starting from when their children were very young...they were going off to college the last time they wrote. I let the owners know how much I appreciated staying in their lovely little log cabin on the lake...and what made it so special was that they DIDN'T provide all the "conveniences of media" that we grew to live without that week...and loved every minute of it.

P.S. One thing that might not make that possible today is: Our daughter had just turned 7 back then. Realistically, now at age 14, I truly am not sure that she would think that "media-free" week would be cool. :rolleyes: In fact, I am positive. ;)

While it would be convenient to check email quickly in the room it really isnt a problem going to check it in the internet cafe. I love MUTS as stated earlier and am glad they did spend the money on it. It benefits alot more people than the few who would stay holed up in their room on the internet. This is a vacation to relax for me. Just my opinion.

Do people ever just go on vacation anymore? You know, where they leave it all behind? :confused:

I think one of those most relaxing week-long vacations we took is when we stayed up at a lake cabin at a resort. We had no TV, no computer. No cell phones. (Our family didn't have them at the time). No iPods (they weren't invented yet). There was a phone (mostly for emergencies.) I used it once. What EVER did we do for that week????!!! :eek: Well....let's see....we sat on the beach. We swam in the lake. We went for walks and hikes. We joined in the various activities at this resort. I did bring along a small "boombox" for CDs and FM radio. So at night we sat and listened to music and read BOOKS. We also built roaring fires in the beautiful, river rock fireplace. And, best of all, we interacted with each other rather than something that plugged in. The owners left a little journal there for people to write in if they wanted. I enjoyed reading one family's entries starting from when their children were very young...they were going off to college the last time they wrote. I let the owners know how much I appreciated staying in their lovely little log cabin on the lake...and what made it so special was that they DIDN'T provide all the "conveniences of media" that we grew to live without that week...and loved every minute of it...

However, in today's World, on Cruises of more than 7 Days, The eBills must be received & paid, the bank & credit card statements must be reviewed, the family must communicate, the PICs must be downloaded & backed up, tours scheduled, flight changed, car rentals in port adjusted, etc, etc,etc!:)

:confused: :eek: :rolleyes: Mercy me! How DID we ever survive??!! :eek: :rolleyes:

However, in today's World, on Cruises of more than 7 Days, The eBills must be received & paid, the bank & credit card statements must be reviewed, the family must communicate, the PICs must be downloaded & backed up, tours scheduled, flight changed, car rentals in port adjusted, etc, etc,etc!

More people dislike MUTS than like it.

And the basis for this statement? I'm sure that there is a statistically valid survey out there to support this. I must have just missed it.

If this is the case, those that like (or don't mind) MUTS should be able to easily find a chair by the MUTS pool. Or maybe the people that are rude enough to be chair hogs also don't have the sense to realize how bad MUTS truly is.

On my recent Sea Princess cruise, MUTS wasn't used by many people, at night, mainly (possibly) due to it being quite cold and windy. Some people had three blankets, it was that draughty!

We had dreamed of hot, balmy summers nights, but there weren't too many.

Archived