Smoking on Adventure

Madkitty

On another note, after smoking 2 packs a day for the past 22 years I haven't smoked for 8 days!!!!!! :D

I can't wait for our cruise next May to see what it is like to travel and not constantly be thinking about getting my next smoke.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

You should be very very proud. ;)

I looked at this board a couple of days ago but didn't want to get into a war. Anyway, I was a smoker when I went on Radiannce in 2003 and there were ashtrays in the room and yes, we smoked in the room occassionly (usually on the balcony but sometimes in the bathroom). In 15 cruises on 14 ships (Royal Caribbean - 4 ships, Celebrity - 4 ships, Carnival - 4 ships, Princess - 2 ships), they have all allowed smoking in the cabins. Most of the time they have had ashtrays already in the room but may times we have had to ask the steward for one. We also used to get the "pool" ashtrays from the pool bars for the balcony.

The stuff about Port side is only for the pool areas and some of the lounges. It doesn't apply to the cabins.

I've seen people try to smoke on the wrong side and the staff moves them quickly. I have also seen people in the smoking section pretend to choke, for which the staff does nothing.

Gkrebs: I only ever cruised Pricess on the Crown Ship. So yes it was only on the Crown ( that I have knowledge of) that you CANNOT smoke in the cabin, I will be sailing on the Radiance Sept 23, 2006. I am going to ask directly at the pursors desk about Rc policy on smoking inside the cabins. If I can find this post when I return Oct 7th, I will give you the answer and also try to get something in WRITING from RC on this POLICY so that it is SETTLED! I did smoke in MY Cabin on the AOS and not once was I told that it was not allowed. The cabin steward viewed me smoking, a Security Crew memeber in the hallway saw me smoking as I was entering my cabin, and No One said a word!

PMShirl,

Make sure this is part of your subscription list, that way when you get back you'll find it easy. Thanks for taking the time to ask on your next cruise.

I will be sailing on the Radiance Sept 23, 2006. I am going to ask directly at the pursors desk about Rc policy on smoking inside the cabins.

We were on the Radiance in May. Your cabin is one of the few places on board that you can smoke. Unless they have changed since May this ship has very few places where smoking is allowed in public areas.

Archived