Pre Cruise Istanbul with Sea Song

ama22

We are doing Sea Dream II cruise Istanbul to Rome Sept 07. Sea Dream has given us information about pre cruise stay in Istanbul using a Company I believe is called Sea Song. Has anyone used their services, or heard about them?

Mary lou

I have not. However, Istanbul is an absolutely fabulous and fascinating city, and its very easy and accessible for westerners. So, unless theres is some very special service on offer, I would think that any decent company would be perfectly able to set up accomodation or arrange a tour or two. You'll love Istanbul!!

• 5 years later...

We used Sea Song earlier this month when in Istanbul prior to an SD trip. We didn't use them for tours (though we used them in 2008 after an SD trip ended there and they were fantastic). This time we used their "VIP Arrival" service. They met us at the gate in Istanbul with a golf cart, whisked us through the long terminal, took care of processing $20 US visa stamp we gave them the cash (avoiding the long line there), and did the same putting us in a special, short line for immigration to check our passports, bypassing the long lines there as well. They got the bags etc. Had a nice mini-bus with cold water get us to the hotel. They also can do rides from the airport to your hotel without the "VIP" part in which case you meet the driver after customs I believe. The VIP part including the ride to town and the ride from the hotel to the ship on departure day (direct to the marine terminal) was around $350 US for two persons as I recall. If you want the extra "VIP" part be sure to ask for it as when I first inquired about airport/hotel/ship transfers they didn't mention it but I had read about it on their web site. Of course it costs more than without it. So whether or not you use them for tours (and they are excellent with them as well) you might consider their airport/customs services to make arrival all the easier after a long flight. Istanbul is one of our favorite cities and you will enjoy it immensely. I agree it can be done without a tour guide but having one makes the logistics easier along with learning from a local.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for asking. Depends on budget/price point. We have twice stayed at the Kempinski Ciragan Palace as recently as this past July before SeaDream. You don't need to get the highest price rooms but avoid the cheapest which face the park (as in the street). Other rooms face the Bosphorus looking across to Asia. Top notch service. Amazing infinity pool right on the Bosphorus. Admittedly a taxi ride to the major sights in the old city but not that bad of a one at all. SeaSong can set you up for day trips and so on. There are many other hotel options. If the Kempinski is booked early on their web site there can be a discount but it is prepaid, no refunds, no cancellation. You have some time so you may want to ask others on here for advice since many of us have sailed out of or to Istanbul. We are big fans of the city. I think I mentioned it in the earlier reply you reprinted but the SeaSong VIP arrival service and airport transfer is well worth the money to avoid lines at the airport upon arrival. Glad to answer other questions or help in any other way.

Archived