NYC - cruising in winter?

bratbaby3

Anyone ever cruised out of NYC in winter? We are looking at a cruise that sails out of NY in January, and would be at sea for 2 whole days before our first port in the Caribbean. Wondering if it is a mistake since we'll be confined inside for so long? It would cost us the same to fly to a warmer port. thanks!

Last year the news around here in NYC had a blast showing the NCL Crown returning to NY during a blizzard. Everyone had on their winter jackets and they were on the decks of the ship before disembarkation having a snow ball fight. It was really funny to see. They were actually held outside of the harbor for a while, I don't remember if it was a 1/2 day or a full day before they would let them into the pier area.

We are actually considering the Explorer for 2/08 and we would have the same thing . I like the less hassle of flying and all that is associated with flying in the winter. But it is a toss up to flying and arriving at the warmer destination sooner. Good luck in deciding!!!!

Sue

Friends of mine who live here took their first cruise on the Dawn last winter. They enjoyed their 2 sea days and then the warm weather once they got to the Carribbean. They were on a 7 day cruise and loved it so much their going on a 10 day cruise this January.

Archived