Saga Ruby Photo Tour

dougnewmanatsea

Dear All,

At long last, I've posted my photo tour of the delightful SAGA RUBY, which I visited in May:

http://shiploverny.smugmug.com/gallery/1843783

I'll warn you in advance that they aren't great photos - first, the bright light that day was a problem (I prefer to take interior photos at dawn or dusk when the light is friendlier) and also there were a lot of passengers around (an unusual number, I thought, for a ship that was in port) so some of the compositions are a bit dodgy in order to avoid photographing unwitting passengers and then posting their photos on the web. As a result, I'm not really satisfied that these photos convey what a beautiful ship she is, and I considered not posting them at all... But I hope you enjoy them anyhow.

Doug,

Thank you for the photos and there is no need to apologize for their quality.

It's a very interesting tour of an interesting ship.

I am planning a Saga World Cruise and this has certainly whetted my appetite.

Wayne

To all who are thinking about sailing on Saga Cruises, as you can see from my screen name, I'm a big fan. I was on Saga Ruby in June 2005 to Norway then on up to Svalbard where we saw polar bears. Out of decades of cruising, this "Land of the Midnight Sun" itinerary was my favorite. I still giggle when I think about sailing south for 2-3 days just to get to the Arctic Circle!

Doug's photos are excellent, brought back a lot of fond memories, and showed me cabins I could not otherwise have seen. Thanks, Doug.

The quality of service on Saga is exemplary and I highly recommend them. If you do go on a Saga cruise, don't forget to post your experiences for those of us who love the ships.

Happy sails!

Ruby

• 4 weeks later...
Dear All, At long last, I've posted my photo tour of the delightful SAGA RUBY, which I visited in May: http://shiploverny.smugmug.com/gallery/1843783

Thanks for sharing. We ran into her sister the Saga Rose in Tahiti on the Tahitian Princess while she was doing a world tour. After seeing her exterior, it was nice to see the interior. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Host Doug...wonderful pictures of one of my favorite 'sisters". My love of these two classics goes back to their days with Norsk Amerika Linje and a rare chance I had aboard Bergensfjord to see Saga Rose (Sagafjord) on paper before she was built. It's wonderful to see how beautifully and lovingly maintained these ships are. I believe their classiness can not be outdone by any new-build today...then again, I may be a tad biased!

Cheers, Penny

Archived