Inside cabins on Volendam

jc75644

We just recently booked 10 days beginning Thanksgiving 2006 on the Volendam. It's our first cruise with HAL although we have 16 or so "under our belt" with other lines, Princess, RCCL, Celebrity, etc. We're curious about the inside cabins on the Volendam; our booking states "inside guarantee" so won't know the cabin number until check-in. I read that a credit card was needed to open the safe and remembered that I had one that was the identifying card from an out-of-business airline frequent flyer club. Will that work? Also, is there a bathtub in the inside cabins? What about a DVD player, flat screen tv, and refrigerator? I also read that there was a "make-up" mirror. My wife usually carries one. Is that for real?

Welcome to HAL, I have to say you have chosen one of my favorite ships for your first cruise with HAL. I have sailed the Volendam 3 times and have loved each cruise.

I always get an inside cabin, I sail with a group, but need my space and with the single supplement, the inside cabins are great for me.

I like to stay on the Main Deck and book a category K, which is mid-ship but that's me, I just like a certain part of the ship.

Your inside cabin will not have a bathtub, just a shower.

To open your safe, you will need either a credit card or something with the magnetic tape on the back. If that card your talking about has a magnetic strip on the back, it should work just fine.

I sailed the Volendam this past February and did have a DVD player, flat screen tv. As far as the refrigerator goes, its not included in your cabin, but have your TA contact ships services and you can rent one for your cabin.

Your wife can leave her make up mirror at home, there is one in your cabin.

You may want to make reservations at the Pinnacle Grill. This is an alternative restaurant, which I have enjoyed each time I sail on HAL. There is a $20 per person cost, but I have always enjoyed it.

Enjoy the Volendam, I have each time I have sailed her. Any other questions, please ask away.

Doone,

DD and I will be on the Volendam in December. Last year we were on the Zaandam, do they have the theater open for the Food Demonstrations? What is your favorite spot on the ship? Is there a crew member that makes the trip for you? Someone we need to find?

Linda

Linda, the Volendam and Zaandam are sister ships, you will find them to be the same except for their decor.

Yes, the theatre had the culinary arts demonstrations and cooking classes.

My favorite spot is the Crowe's Nest. I enjoy going there for before dinner cocktails. I also enjoy the Lido for breakfast and lunch, but have dinner in the dining room. The Pinnacle has always been a favorite of mine for at least one dinner.

I sailed the Volendam last February and I am sure anyone I could tell you to look for may be gone home. But I have always found everyone on all the HAL ships to be wonderful, they have always made me feel I was a guest rather than a passenger.

Enjoy the Volendam, I am sure you will.

I too enjoy inside rooms. I have had one on the Vol and will have one again in Dec. They are pretty much the same size as the outer cabins on the same decks (except for those with verandas). the make up mirror is large and there is plenty of room to spread out make up. Enjoy! I will be boarding the Vol as you are leaving. We'll have to wave at each other.

Archived