Any ships docking yet?

suzepoo

Our office overlooks Punta Langosta - there are still working hard but no cruise ships docking yet. Should be by the end of this month since Presidente Fox is supposed to be here on the 27th to inaugurate it!!

You can see the pier on our webcam - so you can watch for cruise ships - you may see some small boats pulled up to it - those are ferrys for tendering. When it's open - Disney normally docks there on Wednesdays!!

CozInsider Jacq

I'm soooooooooo hoping that the Holiday will get to dock with the Disney Magic, but I guess it depends on how many piers are open on September 27??!! Still I'll keep my hopes up because Puerta Maya is the WORST as you have to take a taxi everywhere! Oh well...at least we will be in Cozumel.......WOO HOOOOOOOOO!! Can't be bad no matter what!!!:D

When Puerto Langosta pier reopens.....is Disney the ONLY ship that can dock, or is there more than one pier (or 2-sided maybe)? I ask because I also read that Presidente Fox would be there on Wednesday, September 27 and that is THE day we arrive on the Holiday, so I was SO hoping we would get to dock, too!

Also, that docking page will help me as I am cruising to Cozumel again the following week on the Glory, so I can't WAIT to see tomorrow if they are allowed to dock, as it's a LARGE ship!!

Thanks again for all info!! I'm envious of you living there and hope to perhaps retire there myself one day! Have a GREAT day!!:D

There are 3 piers in Cozumel....well...before the hurricane there was anyway. If you docked at the International pier, which is the ONLY pier open for docking right now, more than likely the other ship, if the only other ship in port that day, tendered into downtown...which is fine by me and MUCH better than the pier that is below the International pier and further away from town....I'm keeping positive thoughts, but as long as we are in Cozumel, no matter how we get there, it will all be GREAT!!!:D

REPOST!!!!

When Puerto Langosta pier reopens.....is Disney the ONLY ship that can dock, or is there more than one pier (or 2-sided maybe)? I ask because I also read that Presidente Fox would be there on Wednesday, September 27 and that is THE day we arrive on the Holiday, so I was SO hoping we would get to dock, too!

Also, that docking page will help me as I am cruising to Cozumel again the following week on the Glory, so I can't WAIT to see tomorrow if they are allowed to dock, as it's a LARGE ship!!

Thanks again for all info!! I'm envious of you living there and hope to perhaps retire there myself one day! Have a GREAT day!!:D

Ok, so I am pretty sure when I will be there at the end of November, we will be tendering (8 ships in port). What I was wondering is where do the tenders take you? Is it to the International dock, or futher down and farther away from the town at the Puerta Maya dock? Does anyone know??

(we will be getting in at 8am with 3 other ships at same time. Will be on the grand princess)

thanks!

tenders take you into Puerto Maya (Carnival's port away from town) or to San Miguel (downtown)....the Disney tenders into Puerto Langosta right now, but it is supposed to be open the end of this month, so just watch the docking schedule and it should give you a pretty good idea. YOu can find it on www.cozumelinsider.com and then click on "cruise ship arrival schedule" under Island Information. HAVE FUN!

tenders take you into Puerto Maya (Carnival's port away from town) or to San Miguel (downtown)....the Disney tenders into Puerto Langosta right now, but it is supposed to be open the end of this month, so just watch the docking schedule and it should give you a pretty good idea. YOu can find it on www.cozumelinsider.com and then click on "cruise ship arrival schedule" under Island Information. HAVE FUN!

Having a tough time uderstanding the scedule, it looks like everyone gets to dock this week. Or is that just where the tenders come in?

check this link.....

http://cozumelinsider.com/CruiseShips

this will tell you WHICH ships are in port each week. It also tells you WHERE they are docked, anchored or holding position. Presently there is only ONE pier that is open for 1 ship to dock, everyone else has to tender into Cozumel, and from what I can tell, there's no pattern to which ships get to anchor....perhaps they are trying to take turns week after week. It won't be long until they have all piers back up and operational, though. They are TOUGH workers!!!:D

check this link.....

http://cozumelinsider.com/CruiseShips

this will tell you WHICH ships are in port each week. It also tells you WHERE they are docked, anchored or holding position. Presently there is only ONE pier that is open for 1 ship to dock, everyone else has to tender into Cozumel, and from what I can tell, there's no pattern to which ships get to anchor....perhaps they are trying to take turns week after week. It won't be long until they have all piers back up and operational, though. They are TOUGH workers!!!:D

Thanks. Got it. Fonde means anchored or tendering!

Thanks. Got it. Fonde means anchored or tendering!

Right and if it says Band Ext. that means it is docking (or at least scheduled to do so).

I don't know if Punta Langosta will be docking 1 or 2 ships when they are operational - Hopefully we will find out next week!!

Cozumelinsider Jacq

And HOPING that one of them is the CARNIVAL HOLIDAY!!! Keep POSITIVE thoughts for us to dock, but the Disney Magic is also scheduled to be there the same day...thus my question about how many ships will dock.

Regardless of whether we get to dock or not....it will be a FANTASTIC day, and I'm SO proud of the people of Cozumel and the Mexican government for such an incredible recovery effort!!:D

I have been waiting to book any tours in Cozumel because I am not certain if we will be tendering or not. Is there any way to get this information in advance? We are sailing on RCI Jewel of the Seas and will be in Cozumel on November 14th 2006.

Archived