Ever have to borrow clothes to wear on a cruise?

Mississippigirl

I am trying to lose 10 more pounds by the end of October. I have lost only 32 pounds since February, haven't lost any in a long time due to not exercising, but I am back in the saddle! Anyway when the time comes for our cruise, I will have nothing to wear! I haven't replaced any of my clothes except jeans because I wear them to work. I may have to borrow some clothes because I don't think I'll find any summer clothes in the stores next month. Maybe I can try a consignment store? Has anyone been in this situation? It is a good one I guess!

Congrats on your weight loss. Borrow the clothes or buy at used clothes sells (garage sells, consignment, salvation army....) Try to limit yourself to good eating on a cruise, don't waste calories on stuff that you don't care for. Walk up the stairs instead of the elevators, use the gym. Drink plenty of water too. Have a good cruise and hopefully you won't gain too many lbs on the cruise.

I have not borrowed clothes, but I have loaned some of mine out!!

One time my sister was going on a cruise and needed formal stuff.... It was so much fun. We spend the night in my closet putting together outfits for her... Almost made me feel like I was going on a cruise... So sure if you know someone who has clothes that might fit you, certianly ask....

there's lots of online shopping stores for cruisewear...there's also bathing suit/sleepwear stores in most cities that also carry poolwear & casual wear...Tilly shops are great for a nice variety...no formalwear though...

I was in the same boat so I went to Coldwater Creek site to the outlet. They have tons of dresses there that are great for non-formal dinner and some were around the $20-25 range. I got a GREAT black polka dotted one with a halter top and a layered red number. Total price was under $60 for the both of them. Can't beat that. You can also give them a call and they will give you a promo number to get $25 off of any order that's $100 or more. Tell them you got the autumn catalogue but the discount card wasn't with it and you know others got it. They gave me the number right then and there. Or get the September 2006 Good Housekeeping and there's a discount card in there too.

There's also another place called "Ann something" that I've seen people get stuff from for formal and non-formal that's not pricey at all either. Cute stuff.

And if you hurry to the stores now, lots of places will have the summer stuff on reduced price to clear it out and you can score some good deals. It will be easier to get stuff now too cause you can shop for the smaller sizes that will be there.

Kim

For formal, try QVC for black crepe palazzo pants - they are sooo comfy and will easily see you through at least a 10 lb. weight loss. I've actually lost 15 lbs. since I bought them and they still look fine. Any sparkly top will work.

I borrow (and lend) clothes for cruising or other occasions all the time. My sisters & I call it "closet shopping" - more fun than regular shopping, because it's FREE! :D Plus it does save you the expense of buying new clothes that you might not wear again because you're still losing weight.

Another plus about going thru someone else's closet - you actually end up trying on stuff you might not have bought or even tried on before, & realize that style or color now looks good on the "new you"!

Sha

Archived