Wine and Beer

Sailor Gal

Can anyone tell me if you can bring onboard your own wine and beer? On previous cruises we've packed wine in our checked luggage and had no problems. Not sure if this has changed as we've not cruised on RCCL for several years. If you brought on beer, how did you do it?

I would also like to know this for sure. I was on Carnival out of Tampa a year ago and you were able to bring wine on-board carring it with you. When I asked Carnival about the amount you can bring, they told me "that is more determined by the port than the ship itself". We were just thinking about booking a Disney Cruise before booking Mariner for next year. I called Disney and they told me same as Carnival, you can carry wine on with you but not checked. I called RC and they told me no wine at all. Seems strange since both go out of Port Caraveral. RC told me you can just buy wine on board. Since Mariner has a "wine bar", I am thinking that might be why??

I think it used to be more to do with the port but now RCI has had so many problems with guests going overboard that I think that's why it's not allowing wine to be carried on board. That being said I just came back from the Empress & spoke with some guys that took on 2 six packs in their checked luggage. I took on a small bottle of booze but placed it in a ginger ale bottle & took it in my carry bag - just didn't trust liquids like that in a checked bag, too much chance to mess up the clothing. I understand the reasons for theit policy but enjoy a drink while getting ready for dinner & hate to have to run to a bar to get it.

I think it's a shame if you can't bring on a couple of bottles of unopened wine (from my favorite winery) to drink on your own balcony. We have been cruising with Princess (most recently July 2006) and always took our own wine and my husband even carried on a box of beer in plastic bottles. Has anyone done this recently????:confused:

Archived