Upper deck or Panarama?

LACRUISING

Is the private forward deck there on the Triumph? We used the private upper deck, deck 6, on the Glory all the time since our room was forward. We loved the views and privacy. Didn't even notice there was 1 that high up. Would love to end up on the panorama deck and have that forward deck to go to for sail aways. I'm getting excited:D

Is the private forward deck there on the Triumph?

It's not exactly "Private", as it is a Public Deck, but it doesn't get a whole lot of use. And yes, both the Destiny and Triumph Classes have the same type of forward public balconies as the Conquest Class.

If I am following what everyone is saying, there are glass doors that separate the cabins from the rest of the area on that deck?

They are more of a white smoked Plexiglas, and they separate not only the public area from the private cabin balconies, but also separate the private individual cabin balconies from one another. For cleaning purposes, as well as if two cabins are booked together, the privacy shades can be opened.

To clarify what I am explaining, you can follow the "Photo Album" link in my signature to Valor to page 1 and Victory page 1 for private cabin balcony pics ( both Panorama), and Valor page 12 for forward public balcony pics.

I guess the Panarama Deck on the Valor is more popular than I had realized. Everyone seems to be very happy with it. If I am following what everyone is saying, there are glass doors that separate the cabins from the rest of the area on that deck?

EEESH!! I just typed a reply and I lost it!!!

When I was talking about glass doors I was not referring to anything on individual balconies in my post. I was talking about the doors at the end before you exit out on to the public deck area. ...You exit your cabin and walk midship, before going outside there are glass doors which you pass through. When you go through these VOILA you are out on the main deck area. A pool will be on one side of you and a tiered deck area with loungechairs on the other side. If you continue down the steps of this tiered area you are then officially on the Lido Deck.

I was only pointing out that there is separation between the pool/deck and the cabin area which keeps sound away from the cabin area.

Does this make sense??

Caribbean Dad has taken care of explaining the balconies :)

Liza

You are talk about my favorite doors. Go through them and down the steps and there you are..........the FORWARD LIDO BAR!!!! :D :D

......but if that is not your desire, go through the next set of glass doors past the bar and you are at the buffet. ;)

OMG!! I LOVE this deck. Please tell me they won't take this upgrade away from me:eek: I know, nothing is definite in a guarantee, but.....since my PVP has already emailed me about it, maybe, just maybe it is a done deal. Sounds like a very convenient deck to be on. Thanks everyone for your input.

Does anyone happen to know where the muster drill is if you are on the Panorama Deck on the Valor?

IIRC the Muster Stations are on Lobby Deck 3, right under the life boats. Keep in mind that Panorama is the second highest deck with cabins on the ship, so if anyone has any issues with the stairs, it would be a good idea for them to grab their life jacket out of their cabin and take the elevator down to the Lobby Deck about a half hour before the drill starts, because the elevators will be shut off 15 minutes prior to the drill.

On the Triumph/Conquest Class ships, this is the view you get when you walk out of the cabin areas on the Panorama Deck

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/64207829/1064208695030186251FzoVOm

And this is what the decks on the bow of the ships looks like

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/64255475/1064257187030186251wbEcvC

You'll love the Panorama Deck. We were upgraded from the Empress Deck to the Panorama Deck on the Conquest and fell in love with it. Then we booked it again on the Glory. The thing we liked the best was on Sea Days, we could go back to our own cabins to use the bathrooms. The public bathrooms on the Lido Deck get used heavily on Sea Days and become a mess.

On the Triumph/Conquest Class ships, this is the view you get when you walk out of the cabin areas on the Panorama Deck

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/64207829/1064208695030186251FzoVOm

And this is what the decks on the bow of the ships looks like

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/64255475/1064257187030186251wbEcvC

You'll love the Panorama Deck. We were upgraded from the Empress Deck to the Panorama Deck on the Conquest and fell in love with it. Then we booked it again on the Glory. The thing we liked the best was on Sea Days, we could go back to our own cabins to use the bathrooms. The public bathrooms on the Lido Deck get used heavily on Sea Days and become a mess.

Great pics!! The first one is exactly what I was trying to describe in my post!! Glad you had a photo! I tried to look through all mine but did not have one like that.

The bathroom thing I also found to be a great plus.....that and easily going back and forth to the cabin for needed items.

See.....you guys are going to LOVE this deck!!!

Gypsyrose - is it possible that your PVP changed you from a GTY to a selected cabin on this deck??? There were specials going with 8A's (which is perhaps what you had originally booked as a GTY) including category upgrades which meant you pay the 8A price but can pick any cabin at the upgraded deck level. If this is the case then you can be sure it won't change.

What about the most forward balcony cabins on this deck? What is on the side of them where there is no other cabin? e.g. cabin 1005 on Panorama deck?

Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks.

It is the same privacy door as the rest of the balcony cabins. If you have one of these cabins, you might want to be careful of your "attire" whilst on your "private" balcony.....just in case someone might have the gall to stick there head over the rail and look back into your "private" space. :eek: ;) :D

Archived