Doge's Palace question

Hi

I have a question that I'm hoping that some of you who have been to Venice before can answer: Do you pay one price (and how much?) to enter the Doge's Palace and another amount (and how much?) for the Secret Itinerary tour?

Thanks for your help!

Bev

Bev

If you book the secret itinerary tour it also includes the "regular" admission to the Doge's palace.

The secret itinerary tour is 16E and the regular admission is 12E. Some ticketing web site will add a service charge (up to 4E) per ticket.

If you by your ticket directly from the museum there is no service charge.

http://www.museiciviciveneziani.it/frame.asp?musid=8&sezione=musei

I think the link may default to italian

Hope it helps

lincolndog,

I think the palace only releases the tickets 2 months in advance, no more.

The ticket brokers will take your reservations well in advance but only confirm when the tickets are released.

If you do a search on the Europe board I'm sure you can find more info (even the links to the ticket brokers). I booked via this website because it is the only place I found I could get the tour in French.

I am also in the secret tour. I have tried the website but was unable to open the ticket section. How far in advance may you purchase tickets?
It appears they are currently booking through Nov. 30. If you are looking within this period, try this url: http://www.teleart.org/itinerarisegreti/month.php?cal=english2006&getdate=20061101 (assuming you want a tour in English). You can also call 011 39 041 520 9070 and book with an English-speaking operator (the same date limitations probably apply). You need to pay in advance with a credit card using the web site, but not when you call. If you call, they will give you a reservation number and you pay when you arrive for the tour.

I think they would like it. You are walking through all kinds of old stairways, and into tiny rooms, and a prison cell. There's a lot of narrative, though, so if the younger ones aren't interested in history, then they might not enjoy it.

I do believe they have children's prices. Check the web site link in this thread that I posted above. It's the English version. There is an Information and Tickets link on the page that will give you the prices.

Archived