Wine question

star7228

Hi everyone,

I possibly could have searched this in the forums, but oh - this is so much easier. :p

I love wine, but my husband doesn't. So, when we travel, I usually just order wine by the glass. I always feel like I'm missing out, though, because so many good wines are available only by the bottle.

I was wondering if I can order a bottle of wine one night and then get a "ticket" for it or something, so I can have it the next night as well? We are on the Pearl next June, and I was thinking this was an option.

Has anyone else ever done this? Thanks!! :D

Hi everyone,

I possibly could have searched this in the forums, but oh - this is so much easier. :p

I love wine, but my husband doesn't. So, when we travel, I usually just order wine by the glass. I always feel like I'm missing out, though, because so many good wines are available only by the bottle.

I was wondering if I can order a bottle of wine one night and then get a "ticket" for it or something, so I can have it the next night as well? We are on the Pearl next June, and I was thinking this was an option.

Has anyone else ever done this? Thanks!! :D

Yes, they will take it and store it and you can have it the next night, does not matter where you are eating, they will get it for you.

We were also allowed to bring the bottle back to our room and store it in our fridge.

That's also a great idea...then I can enjoy it in my cabin that night! Perfect, especially for those Alaskan nights in June when the sun doesn't set until late! :) I can enjoy a glass of wine on my balcony with the sun setting at 10:30pm! Sounds good to me. :D

You can also just walk up to any bar and order a bottle of wine - the selection is different at different bars too. I always have a cork screw with me in the cabin but they usually open it for you at the bar if you want them too. Also whenever you want a clean glass you can go to the bar and ask for just a wine glass. Also I noticed when ordering by the glass the bottle is typically already open and has been open for a while and it just doesn't taste as good as when you buy it and open it yourself. I also bring a cork topper with me to cork it back with - I like to take it to the cabin and have some on the balcony. :p Debbie

Archived