To pay the extra or not?

nancyfancy40

I am looking at the Star or Pearl for Alaska 2008. Before the books open up in the next 6 months or so, I want to know about the Aft rooms. I can book an Aft penthouse AE for not much more than an AF, and get all the penthouse perks. I have never done an Aft room and from reading the boards, they are well liked. Would spending the exta money for a aft AE be worth it, or should I stick with the AF. My Dh, myself and DS (17) will be with us, we are not small people is all I an add to this. Please the good and the bad of an AFT suite. We are looking at end of May 2008, for my 50th BD and son's 18th BD.

Nancy

I am looking at the Star or Pearl for Alaska 2008. Before the books open up in the next 6 months or so, I want to know about the Aft rooms. I can book an Aft penthouse AE for not much more than an AF, and get all the penthouse perks. I have never done an Aft room and from reading the boards, they are well liked. Would spending the exta money for a aft AE be worth it, or should I stick with the AF. My Dh, myself and DS (17) will be with us, we are not small people is all I an add to this. Please the good and the bad of an AFT suite. We are looking at end of May 2008, for my 50th BD and son's 18th BD.

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

I love the aft penthouse suites, but your going to have a problem. I believe these cabins are for 2 guests only. They have a queen bed that can't be seperated and a love seat that doesn't open up. The next step up from a mini suite for 3 people would be an AB, with 2 bedrooms....which is a beautiful suite.....but usually quite a difference in price.

Hi Nancy,

I love the aft penthouse suites, but your going to have a problem. I believe these cabins are for 2 guests only. They have a queen bed that can't be seperated and a love seat that doesn't open up. The next step up from a mini suite for 3 people would be an AB, with 2 bedrooms....which is a beautiful suite.....but usually quite a difference in price.

Bummer I was afraid of someone saying that. The price is not in my budge for an AB. Looks like I will stick with the AB. I can always hope for an upsell or upgrade, right?

Nancy

Hi Nancy,

Margaret,

Love your ticker!

Congrats on the 11.1 lbs.:)

Stay with the AF - The other option which would work is an BA aft facing. Save a little $ and a great view. The balconies are larger the the AF on the BAs on deck 9 and 10. Deck ten being the largest.

Just to clarify all the AE, AD, AC, AA only allow two passengers and none have twin beds.

Archived