Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline, Hotwire, etc.

sunlover5

Just wanted to give the heads up for all those using the free re-bid zone strategy. Betterbidding is now listing the Hyatt as a resort in the Dorado area and Priceline is listing the Hilton as a resort in Ponce. So I would avoid adding these 2 areas when re-bidding.

I'm hoping to get the Marriott in May so I'll let you know how I make out.

For this "Resort" category property on Priceline in the "Rio Grande - Fajardo - El Yunque" zone, I started bidding at $86 and moved up a few dollars each rebid until I got it at $100, after trying at $98.

Hi,:) I stayed here last year. Its a beautiful property but quite far

from the piers, both the Pan American and the Pier in Old San Juan.

Hope you are at least staying there for a full extra day to at least

take advantage of the beach by the hotel.

Hi,:) I stayed here last year. Its a beautiful property but quite far

from the piers, both the Pan American and the Pier in Old San Juan.

Hope you are at least staying there for a full extra day to at least

take advantage of the beach by the hotel.

Good Morning Lois, we are staying there for three(3) nights Feb/18,19,20,

please tell me about this place that my DH and I are looking forward to going to

Thanks

sailorwife(Joan):)

Good Morning Lois, we are staying there for three(3) nights Feb/18,19,20,

please tell me about this place that my DH and I are looking forward to going to

Thanks

sailorwife(Joan):)

Hi Joan:)...click on Flickr in my signature and you will see one of

albums on the right side that says "Galaxy Jan 9th-19th". It was 2009. There are 58 photos and some are of the hotel.

If you are staying there for 3 nights you need to try the Italian Restaurant. It is a bit pricey but my meal was fabulous:)

And the hotel has 2 pools and the lush greenery is lovely all around the grounds.

Edited by Lois R

Pre-cruise: Got the Intercontinental via Hotwire, (Identified it correctly in advance with help of Betterbidding.com), $149 a night 5/21-23. (Nothing biting at Priceline, though I went up to $135)

Post cruise: Got the Caribe Hilton for $100 5/30-31 via Priceline.

Pre-cruise: Got the Intercontinental via Hotwire, (Identified it correctly in advance with help of Betterbidding.com), $149 a night 5/21-23. (Nothing biting at Priceline, though I went up to $135)

Post cruise: Got the Caribe Hilton for $100 5/30-31 via Priceline.

Hi Toonjie

Could you help me identify that hotel on hotwire also? I am having such a hard time on Priceline for 2/28. I am unsure how to use hotwire. I have tried to look up how to do it on betterbidding.com but I was a little confusing as to what hotel is which.

Or if anybody else could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks!

I have been bidding and rebidding on priceline for san juan on 2/28/10 for one night in the resort section. i was trying to get something on the beach. do the four stars have beaches? i have gone up to $125 and haven't received anything. I did do 2/20 for $99 and received that at the Caribe Hilton. Anybody have any advice for me?

Thanks!

Hi Toonjie

Could you help me identify that hotel on hotwire also? I am having such a hard time on Priceline for 2/28. I am unsure how to use hotwire. I have tried to look up how to do it on betterbidding.com but I was a little confusing as to what hotel is which.

thanks!

The best thing to do is to go to betterbidding and the Hotwire Puerto Rico board and take a look at how people post the amenities. Then post the hotel amenities for the hotel you are trying to figure out as well as the percentage of favorable reviews. They will then get back to you with their best guess. You can also do the same thing here and I'll take a look at it as well.

Hi Toonjie

thanks!

Took a look at 2/28 and they have a 4* boutique for $133 a night- that's the El Convento, I would jump on that in a heartbeat!

Hi Joan:)...click on Flickr in my signature and you will see one of

albums on the right side that says "Galaxy Jan 9th-19th". It was 2009. There are 58 photos and some are of the hotel.

If you are staying there for 3 nights you need to try the Italian Restaurant. It is a bit pricey but my meal was fabulous:)

And the hotel has 2 pools and the lush greenery is lovely all around the grounds.

Thanks Lois, lovely pictures and we will try the Resturant as we love Italian,

Joan

1 night, April 16-April 17, 2010.

Bid 1: $82 in San Juan for Resort Category - Rejected. Prompted to increase bid by $22, did not follow prompt.

Bid 2: $88 in San Juan or Cabo Rojo - Accepted by Hilton Caribe.

Note- Cabo Rojo does not have any Resort Category properties.

1 night, April 16-April 17, 2010.

Bid 1: $82 in San Juan for Resort Category - Rejected. Prompted to increase bid by $22, did not follow prompt.

Bid 2: $88 in San Juan or Cabo Rojo - Accepted by Hilton Caribe.

Note- Cabo Rojo does not have any Resort Category properties.

ooooo I like that idea but I was still rejected for Resorts during 03/19-03/21 pre cruise dates :(

ALi

Just won a bit for the Caribe Hilton on Priceline for $88 for 1 night on March 21st! Good luck!

that's Odd, I have tried that price before with No luck. I just tried 85 bucks today for San Juan Resorts and they asked me to increase my price by 22.00 and I chose not to. My next option was to edit my location details so I added Cabo Rojo and increased my price to 88.00 and got the Condado Lagoon Villas At Caribe Hilton? Is that the same place you got or is that another form of Hilton?

Booked from the March 19-21st!

ALi

We just got the Condado Lagoon Villas at the Caribe Hilton too -$90 for 3/20, plus I believe they'll hit us up with a resort fee when we get there. They look to be the timeshare section of the Hilton, so hard to say what the rooms will look like, but at worst it's only one night, and at best it will be great!:)

We just got the Condado Lagoon Villas at the Caribe Hilton too -$90 for 3/20, plus I believe they'll hit us up with a resort fee when we get there. They look to be the timeshare section of the Hilton, so hard to say what the rooms will look like, but at worst it's only one night, and at best it will be great!:)

so these are like real Villas huh

ALi

Just returned from San Juan and stayed at the Caribe Hilton. Our room was in the Condado Lagoon Villa building on the fifth floor. Two queen beds with fridge and balcony looking over the lagoon and ceiling fan. Only negative is some construction on the bridge on the other side of the lagoon (for 10 years now). Some noise if you plan on sleeping until noon. Really liked this hotel and were well pleased with the grounds and pools.