What do you do when???

I wear my bathing suit and head for the pool! Usually, we've eaten a late breakfast, so I can skip the Windjammer (not my favorite eating venue) and start with a drink in the sun! If my bags arrive early, we'll unpack (last time, one bag didn't arrive until 10:30pm!!!!), go to muster drill, and then watch sailaway from some location or other! (We try to vary our sailaway spot on each cruise!)

I've been critized for this but...I'm a nester...I do the re-clean the room a bit for germs, and get all of our stuff out and put away. I used to like to IRON all of my clothes first, but now I wil STEAM them. LOL

After that we get a drink watch sail away. Like so many others here I do enjoy getting on the ship early, and starting our vacation asap!

Find my cabin. Drop my carry-ons. Take out dinner outfit and hang it up so it doesn't wrinkle. Leave a note for my roommate(s) advising that I have arrived and can be found in the Windjammer. Head to Windjammer for lunch. Catch up with my roommate(s) and head back to cabin for our lifejackets for muster drill. Laugh hysterically at the sight of each other in life jackets. Report to muster station. Go back to cabin and store jackets, hoping we'll never need them. Head up to deck for sailaway.

Our first stop is the Windjammer for a bite to eat. Then check out our room and drop the carryon. Like to check out our dining room table and make any necessary changes, buy a wine package, make reservations for Chops.

Then it's off to the Schooner Bar to make friends with the bartenders. That is one of our favorite hangouts and we usually make friends with some of the other regulars also. Go to muster then DH waits in the Schoomer while I take the 'Mae Wests' back to the room ( he has trouble walking so I try to park him when I can). If the bags come early I like to get unpacked and put away then go up top for sail away.

First thing I do is go to the room, drop off the carry-ons and check out the room. Then right to the spa so I can reserve my massage. I prefer to get them during sea days, so it is important to book early.

Then, graba bite and tour the ship.

What do you do when you first board the ship? In between the time you board and set sail?

Straight to the room and dump off laptops and anything other than camera. Go have lunch in the WJ, then around the ship, check things out. First cruise we were with friends, and had a bottle of champagne on the balcony - so we watched sailaway from there.

Last cruise we were up on deck for sailaway......

Upcoming cruise, I plan to run to the spa and hairdresser to make appointments, Portofino's for a reservation, THEN go drop off laptops, have lunch, explore the ship again, and get a drink for sailaway.

Fran in Toronto

1) Bite to eat in the Windjammer

2) drop off bags in room

3) check table in dining room

4) unpack (if possible)

5) meet M&M gang for pre-sail-away party

6) muster drill

7) sailaway

d

Archived