Used bookstore in Westminster area

Spikesgirl

We are going to be spending a week in London after our cruise and staying in one of two 'cruise hotels' in the Westminster/Whitehall area. Can anyone tell me if there's a used bookstore thereabouts? I'm trying to fill some gaps in my "Giles" collection, plus we just love to visit used bookshops. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Charlie

Spikesgirl (Charlie),

I certainly second lord of the seas' advice about Charing Cross Road. I've spent (or misspent, depending on one's viewpoint) hour upon hour haunting the shops there. There aren't as many as there used to be (no more "84 Charing Cross Road," I'm afraid), but it's still a good place to go book hunting.

If time permits, you might also want to check out the area around the British Museum (e.g., Russell Street, Museum Street, etc.)--just a few minutes' walk from Charing Cross Road. Some of the shops in that vicinity are of the "antiquarian" rather than merely "used" variety, but you might enjoy browsing if not buying.

Cheers,

John

Thank you, John, we will certainly poke around outside the BM. I know that we will be there (at the museum) for at least a day, so that should give me plenty of time to search things out. Thanks so much for *ahem* feeding my habit. My poor husband said he will disown me if I get any more "Giles," but I'm willing to take the chance!

TTFN,

Charlie

Archived