1st Time RCL

crewzrgirl

Help! I am a first time cruiser out of Galveston to Key West, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. We just booked 2 days ago, and I don't have a lot of time to research like I would like to. What are the ins and outs of the RCI Rhaposdy of the Seas? Any recommendations for shore excursions? Any info is GREATLY APPRECIATED and WELCOME. Also, what is the "Meet and Greet" I keep seeing on here? Thanks so much!

Meet and Mingle. Go sign up for that. You just click on the area that says it, and then follow the instructions. You need your reservation number. Then when they hit 25 guests they will sponser a party for all of the guests. You will get an invitation in your cabin. Then what you do is go on roll call and find the date for that sailing and introduce yourself and start to chat with others going on the same cruise. Lots of people meet up at a designated spot before or after muster....

As for excursions: I go to the rci page and see what is available... then i go on ports of call on cc and do my own searching and find private tours for less $ and less crowded. Just be careful of the times of the ship and the tours. Do not cut it that close. Leave your watch on ship time... and pay attention to the times you need to get back.

Good luck. Have fun!

You are on our sailing. YIPPEE! We already have over 65 people signed up for the party. Please check out our thread(link below), and post. There are 8 pages of info so far. Some have shared about different shore excursions, so I hope this will be helpful to you. Let me know if you need any help signing up for the party.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=7794354#post7794354

Marie

Is there a charge for the Meet and Mingle? When is the party usually held?

No, it is FREE. At the top of THIS page you will see a link to Register for a Meet & Mingle. Follow the link. If you need help just let me know. You will need your reservation number.

Marie

This will be my hubbie's and mine first cruise. Any ideas on weather or any ship secrets? I don't have a reservation # yet, so I can't get on the roll yet. My TA should be getting that to us this week, then I'll go check it out!

Thanks!:o

How exciting for you!! We've sailed on the Rhapsody previously but in 2004. There are several on the Roll Call that have been on her several times or more! Read through the Roll Call and you will get lots of tips there. You don't have to be registered for the Meet N Mingle to join us on the Roll Call. We'd love to start chatting with you now. We found a majority of the people sailing on the Rhapsody are from Texas, just like you, and are some of the friendliest folk around, in my opinion. This will be our fifth cruise with RCI, but we have cruised on other cruiselines, mainly HAL for our last few cruises. On the Rhapsody in 2004 we loved Kamakazee Kareoke with Derek in the Schooner Bar most evenings. We also enjoyed time in the disco. We love Key West, and it's mainly why we are on this cruise. We also enjoy Paradise Beach in Cozumel. I think you are going to have a wonderful cruise.

Marie

Crewzrgirl, keep in mind that Key West is not much of a "beach destination," but a great place to party. The Hemingway House is okay, and it's not far from the strip of bars, restaurants and other places worth hanging. You may not be in Key West that long? Cayman is one of the cleanest places to visit on a cruise and Cozumel is fantastic. We did a private beach (Paradise) where the Corona BeerTV ads were filmed.

Everything you need to know about your cruise, ship and destination is right here on this website.

Bon Voyage!

we love it. Some other things we've done while in KW was the Trolly Tour, and one time we rented an Electric Car, and that was tons of fun. We are there 3-12. Sunset at Mallory Square is quite interesting....lots of street performers and vendors. Edited to say that we love Paradise Beach. We've been there before, and plan to go there while there on this cruise.

Marie

Archived