Citavecchia to Rome Airport

At that hour of the day it will take approximately an hour (give or take a few min). However, like any drive of that distance this is subject to traffic, construction, etc. The good news is that one you get out of Civitavecchia the entire trip in on the A12 which is an excellent high speed highway similar to our better interstates.

Hank

You didn't say how you were traveling. If by train, it can be a pain. You have to get to the station, lug you bags up and down a flight of stairs. Change at Ostiense for the Airport train (of course lugging your bag up and down the stairs to the new platform) and then lugging your bags from the station at the airport to the terminal. It can take hours with train delays, etc. Better to take the ship transfers especially with the time consuming security at the airport and time constraints in making your flight.

Oh my...it never occurred to me that they would use the train. That is an awful way to get from port to airport given you have to first get to the station, wait for the train, change trains which means more waiting, deal with steps, etc etc. Personally I prefer using a taxi to the ship transfers, but this is not cheap (neither are the transfers).

Hank

Archived