Luggage tags and Cabin Upgrade

meggiedarlin

I'm a first time cruiser so here's my question: We leave on Monday for Majesty of the Seas. The price dropped from $229 (guar. inside cabin) to $169 so we were upgraded to an oceanview guar. I was looking at our documents last night and saw that the inside cabin number was printed on the luggage tags. So what happens when we check in? Will they remove the luggage tags and give us new ones with our new cabin number on them? I just don't want our luggage to go to someone else's cabin.

Thanks! (can't wait to get away and go on this cruise!!!!)

DO NOT put the wrong luggage tags on........the porter on the dock will give you new tags to fill out before you even check your luggage. Just bring a marker pen and you can quickly fill out the blank tags. Be sure you have your cabin number with you. You could tape it to the outside of your luggage with clear packing tape over it just to make sure. The last thing you want to do when you start your cruise is trek all over the ship to locate luggage.

This always happens to us. I've just taken a marker and put the new cabin number on the luggage tags they sent with the docs. Legibly of course!

we got upgraded after the doc's were printed, so I just used a sharpie and put the new number on and crossed out the old.

OP's issue is that there is a "new" guaranty, but not a new "number", correct? Maybe bring the sharpie to the doc, tell the porter what you know at that point (if it is still guaranty, or if you have a stateroom # by then) and go w/ porter's suggestion for what to put on the tags.

We had the same problem in that we were upgraded on our last cruise after we received our docs. The porter had a list at the pier of everyone's names and what cabin they were in. He double checked our names and room # and wrote it on the new tags. We never put the old ones on at all.

If anything goes wrong, the worst thing that should happen is that the bags will go to your original stateroom. A trip to that cabin should yield your misdirected luggage. :)

On my first cruise I was given a different cabin than the one I had reservations for. FORTUNATELY, the new cabin was only 3 or 4 cabins from the original. Late that afternoon, I saw my luggage sitting by the door to my original cabin, so I merely rolled my bags down to the new cabin.

It was no big deal, tho I can certainly understand it if the two cabins were in opposite areas of the ship & 3 or 4 decks apart.

Archived