Holiday Inn Express - San Juan

TourneyKit

I know this thread will get yanked, but I haven't been able to find anyone that stayed at this hotel on the Ports forum. It was lets say "inexpensive" if you call $120.00 for a night inexpensive. But I'm beggining to wonder If I didn't book myself into the Roach Motel. Only going to be there from 6pm till morning before we head to the ship. Has anyone stayed at this hotel before? And if so, what was it like?

You'll find tons of reviews at tripadvisor.com. I researched it extensively and was going to stay there but opted for the full service Holiday Inn in Isa Verde instead. The Express seems like the best bargain hotel in the Condado area and it is a great location near the beach and in the center of all the action, for the price I don't think you would be disappointed. If you are looking for a luxury resort experience, plan to stay elsewhere and pay much, much more!

tripadvisor.com is a good place to start. Of course, take some of the comments (the very good and the very terrible) with a grain of salt. Also get the Auto club guide book for Puerto Rico (if you're a member). If a place is really horrendous, that will often be noted. And ask on other cruise boards...maybe someone who isn't a member here has stayed at that hotel.

tripadvisor.com is a good place to start. Of course' date=' take some of the comments (the very good and the very terrible) with a grain of salt. Also get the [b']Auto club guide book[/b] for Puerto Rico (if you're a member). If a place is really horrendous, that will often be noted. And ask on other cruise boards...maybe someone who isn't a member here has stayed at that hotel.

If it's truly horrendous, it won't be listed. The AAA guide book does not list hotels/motels that don't meet standards.

There are, however, "Diamond" ratings.

We haven't stayed here yet, but have booked it for 10-7-2006. I read 3 comments from others who used it, and they said the staff was friendly, pool nice, good breakfast, and hotel was clean, but the rooms were a bit small. I'm wondering what "small" is, I'm sure they don't mean cruise ship cabin small.:)

We have stayed at this hotel many times - before it was a Holiday Inn. Earlier it was the Tanama and Tanama Princess. It has been greatly improved. The location is good to walk to many places in the Condado area. A bus stop isn't too far to take the bus into Old Town. There is lots to see in San Juan. Remember Spanish is their first language.

Thank you all, sounds like I'll be just ducky:) Like I said, our plane doesn't get in to SJ until late, and as I want to get onboard as soon as possible the next day, I didn't see any sense in spending $250.00 for a room. We'll probably just step out to grab dinner and turn in there after. Up early and be waiting at the pier to be let onboard at 11:00am, even if it says boarding will begin at 1:00 :)

Archived