How do you buy OBC on web?

trvlqueen

I've seen posts that say you can do it, but can't figure out how to do anything buy drink credits on the Carnival Website. Did they discontinue this? If anyone knows, I'd sure appreciate a heads up!:)

It isn't called OBC... you can buy gift certificates online...

I wanted to see if I could just have prepaid money show up on the S&S card ... we're trying to go all cash this time, so I wanted to try and pre-pay into the account before we get there. My mom is travelling with us and she's on a super tight budget ... wanted to put money in her account without her knowing how it got there. (she'll be with us at embarkation, so that won't work ... she'd never stand for us paying part of her way)

I think you might have to call Carnival about that. Some people have said Carnival let them buy the funship dollars about 2 weeks out or less and just applied it as an onboard credit. I cannot guarantee this however its just what I have understood from others. You would need to call Carnival to see if they can do that for you or not. Never hurts to ask right? Gl and happy sailing.

It is easy to do, but you will need the booking number of the recipient. All you have to do is order Funship Dollars (Chris is right, they are called "Gift Certificates") on the Carnival website, but when the screen asking for the address of the recipient comes up, put their booking number in that field instead. Fill out the rest as usual.

I just did this a few weeks ago for myself. My S&S credit balance was confirmed within 48 hours.

I do suggest that you print and keep hard copies of your transaction records.

Lovely surprise you are planning. I hope it works out. Happy cruising!

If you choose to apply onboard credits via the carnival website, please make sure the transaction completely processed. I tried this for my last cruise and found out via a letter in my room stating my S&S account had a negative balance, that my credits weren't applied. I applied $100 but only $25 was on my account. When I went to the pursers desk to check on this, I had to complete a form for accounting to research the issue. The accounting department stated they only had records of the $25 purchase. I purchased (via the carnival website) $25 on one date and $75 on another. Although I received confirmation emails for both transactions, only the $25 transaction was taken from my bank/debit card account. Therefore only one was actually placed on my S&S account. If I choose to try this again I'll make sure I check my bank account after I receive the confirmation email to make sure the transaction completely processed. I didn't check my S&S balance prior to sailing because I assumed the credits were there since I got confirmation emails.

Archived