Will I be OK??

4tocruisesoon

My husband and I will be boarding the Crown next Saturday, yayy! Anyhow, I for one LOVE to dress up. I am in my early thirties, my husband a little older :) I have packed two formal gowns, and lots of other semi-formal type dresses. Will I be totally out of place if I dress like this each night? I don't want to look like an idiot on my FIRST Princess cruise :)

Can someone put my mind at ease before I keep these things packed?

TIA!

Sharon

Totally YOUR decision. BUT........... I think you will see a lot more casual clothes in the evening then you are expecting. In fact, sometimes casual evenings are more casual than I expected, even after 30 cruises. Cruising just seems to be getting more and more casual for dress than I have ever seen it before. (not talking formal nights, but other nights)

Each cruise I keep telling myself to remember to pack more casual clothes, I always seem to pack things a little bit more dressy then others and heck, I want to be comfortable too. LOL

Agree! If you like to dress up, then do it and enjoy!

But don't STRESS about being under-dressed for those "smart casual" nights. Nice slacks and tops, tropical sun dresses, seemed the norm on our trips. But as my sister says: Over-dressing is better than underwearing :-)

My husband and I will be boarding the Crown next Saturday, yayy! Anyhow, I for one LOVE to dress up. I am in my early thirties, my husband a little older :) I have packed two formal gowns, and lots of other semi-formal type dresses. Will I be totally out of place if I dress like this each night? I don't want to look like an idiot on my FIRST Princess cruise :)

Can someone put my mind at ease before I keep these things packed?

TIA!

Sharon

If you enjoy dressing up and your husbands enjoys seeing you dressed up..........perfect........who cares what others think. You will see a great variety of dress.........and you will fit right in........have a great time....:)

Besides, if you have the dresses.......this is the perfect place to wear them...:)

My wife does the same thing!

You will be out of place, you will stand out!!!!!

Never apologize for looking good!

To use the same logic many do, that think t-shirts, cut offs and flip-flops are acceptable....."It is your cruise, you paid for it, enjoy it"

Heck, some day we may bump into each other on a ship and we husbands can pat each other on the backs for having such great looking wives!

I don't get a chance to wear many of the lovely evening dresses I have except for the occasional wedding or cruises. I take advantage of the oportunity to wear them when cruising and I don't much care what everone else is wearing as long as I'm comfortable...I go for it. If it weren't for our yearly cruise those clothes would rot in the closet.

I probably overdress on non-formal nights, but have never felt out of place. I always think that you stand a little straighter when you are dresssed well......as a previous poster said....it's always better to be overdressed than underdressed.

I am kinda the opposite of you...I was worried about being underdressed. I am mainly taking nice capri pants (no jeans) and cotton shirts/sweaters to wear for the smart casual nights. With all the talk of skirts/dresses I began to get worried. Then I decided, it is my cruise and I am going to dress however I feel comfortable....so the same for you. If you want to wear those dresses, do it! Whatever makes you feel good is the most important. :)

Thank you all for making me feel a little better about myself, haha :) I am not one to think I ever look good, but I "feel" a little better about myself when I am dressed up.

I am going to proceed with what I have packed, and let me husband have 9 days of drooling over my plus sized self in evening gowns and black dresses :D :D :D :D

Sharon

Sharon,

Good for you. You'll look great.

Can anyone else who has cruised Princess please tell me a bit more about what to expect to see at dinner on both formal and "regular" nights? Do you see LOTS of long dresses? Do you see MOST men in jackets? What are MOST people wearing? I've only cruised Disney and I'm not sure what to expect on Princess (Sapphire - Alaska--June).

Thanks!!

No fashion police onboard....

So, go for it....

I usually dress for dinner.... It feels good....

As for formal - Men are mostly wearing suits rather than tux's. Even a handful of sports jackets with nice pants.

Women - are now wearing cocktail dresses or dressy pant suits. Very few to the nine yards (evening gowns)

You will also see pax wearing shorts and tees walking about. But are not seen in the dining room dressed like that.

Archived