Overspray in New Jersey

jennybabee

We can not possibly be the only family that got the overspray on our car, did anyone else check their cars ??

I was on the 9/17 Explorer of the Seas cruise and parked in Bayonne. My car was very dirty but had no paint overspray. Two car washings took care of my car. I was parked in the second row closest to the Dry Dock.

For all of you interested, this overspray problem with parked cars gettting painted is nothing new to the port of Bayonne, RCCL and Celebrity. This has been a problem for passengers leaving their cars there since the port opened and has been documented on Cruise Critic for about a year if not more. From what I read, the company that paints the ships in the ports simply continues to spray your cars while on a cruise and then waits for you to contact them and submit a claim for reimbursement. Seems like there is something wrong with this picture!!!!:confused:

We've decided the next time we sail out of Cape Liberty we will be bringing our car cover along with us. I'm not joking either.

We had the cover and no problems.

We actually asked the attendant about the overspray problems and she said that they now have a tarp ( which we did see around the end of the drydocked ship) that was suppose to correct this problem, obviously it hasn't

We are going in Feb. 08 and thinking that they will not be spraying anything in the winter???? But, in case they are what is the park/sleep/cruise package?? How much is it now and what hotel do they use??? We may consider going in from the Pittsburgh area the day before and do the same...we are a group of about 17 people. Thanks in advance for your info.

Judi

They will paint even in the winter on milder days. The only hotel with a sleep/park/cruise offering is the Best Western Elizabeth. Don't know the price but it's not a pricey place.

Archived