Cancun - back to normal?

LFM

We're thinking of booking a winter vacation and would appreciate hearing from anyone who has been to Cancun recently. Our the hotel, etc. back and running as before the storm or does Cancun still have a way to go before we should consider it?

I spent a week in Cancun this past May. It HAS recovered! Some piers, restaurants, and hotels were still closed, but the majority were open and operating. Nothing hindered my vacation. I can't wait to return!

Hi Cindy - The NH Krystal is a really nice hotel, but it is one of the older hotels in Cancun, so it doesn't have some of the "bells and whistles" that some of the others do. The best thing about it is the location - it's right at the "elbow" of Cancun, so you can see both the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean. It's also right in the hub of all the night life, being just across the street from the Convention Center. We have 2 timeshares there (and are actually selling one for a really good price if you like it there) and we go every year. We have been there 15 times and we actually got married at the Krystal on New Year's Eve 1999. If you have questions that I can answer for you about the Krystal, people who work there, or about Cancun in general, email me - CKIEVIT1@COMCAST.NET - I'll be happy to give you some more info. :)

We own at the Royal Resorts in Cancun (Royal Sands and Royal Islander) and were just there for 2 weeks in late August/earlt September. (We spend about 3 to 4 weeks a year in Cancun). The beaches are great (in many places better than they were before Wilma hit last year), most places are now open, and I actually think Cancun looks BETTER in a lot of ways than it used to. If you need any other information, please feel free to email me at maja651@yahoo.com.

Michelle

• 1 month later...

Glen - We have a jeweler who we have been buying from for years, about 7 years,to be exact. His name is Manual and he is located at Alexander's Jewelry at the Kulkulkan Plaza/Mall. His associate Miguel is also a stand up guy. I would recommend buying from either of them. They are not only very honest, but will give you good deals. Tell them Michelle and Marcia from Arizona sent you and maybe he will give you an even better deal! :)

Michelle

• 1 month later...

Archived