Aruba Beach~Help!

Jayne315

• 4 weeks later...

We have found the best beach on the island to be Manchebo Beach. There is a hotel there by the same name. It is next door to the Bucuti Resort. These are class hotels and the beach that they sit on is by far the best beach on the island. There are palm trees to sit under and 20 acres of unspolied beach. Great bar service from both hotels and best of all, the dress code is relaxed. Not too far from the downtown area and a wonderful destination. Enjoy!!!!

Horsesandcruises' date=' What do you mean by dress code is relaxed at Manchebo Beach?[/quote']

I believe it refers to "topless" is okay. Which is discouraged at some of the more Americanized resorts.

Yes, that is right. I was tactful, eh? The beach is beautiful and not to be missed. The two hotels are top notch and when i went to book the bucuti for next Sept. 2007, they were crowded already. That should give an idea of the class and popularity of the Bucuti. The Manchebo is also nice and we ended up booking a couple of nights with them. We have a time share near there and with the air lines limited use of frequent flier miles, we are going t spend a few extra nights. A few extra nights in Aruba sure beats a few extra nights at home. Many reasons to choose this particuliar strand of beach. Enjoy your stay in Aruba, we have been to 21 of the caribbean islands and this is our favorite........I wish everyone well.

horsesandcruises (me too!!)

Where is Manchebo beach? Can you take bus or must you taxi?

Can people not staying at the hotel rent chairs or do you have to get a day pass?

Is there shade?

How is the water for swimming? Any snorkeling from the beach?

We will be there on a Sat in Feb. We were thinking about Eagle Beach or possibly Baby Beach (although with out a car it is far).. Just got back from Greece and the Med. Euro-beaches don't bother us. Manchebo sounds like it may be less crowded.

• 2 weeks later...

Moomba is easy to get to, located on Palm Beach between the Holiday Inn and Marriott Aruba Surf Club. It will take about 15 minutes by taxi depending on traffic and the fare is $10 each way. The fare is per car, NOT per person.

• 3 weeks later...

We just went on Jolly Pirates 11/30/06 which left from Moomba beach. There is construction going on so there was some machinery, however it didn't effect our time at the beach and I thought the views were still beautiful. I took a ton of pictures while we were hanging out there, let me know if you want me to forward some.

Sand was nice, lots of shells, beautiful water, beautiful view. Didn't eat here so can't comment on that.

Oh there were some topless sunbathers here too.

dac

We were also at Moomba beach on 11/24. Very nice beach but not a good day for snorkeling. We just walked on in, found lounge chairs in the shade, no one asked for any money. We did eat lunch,very good. Son and I split a fish and chips, fresh fish cooked in a very lite batter, hubby got a shrimp wrap, very good. $30 for 2 lunch orders, a soda and 2 local beers, not bad.

We will be in Aruba on Jan 1. Anyone know of a good beach that does snuba and stuff? Hubby wants to lounge in the sun and the kids and I want to play. :D . OH wait, you said some are topless?????? well my 18yr son won't be wanting to snuba or do anything....haha :p

Is the shopping nearby?

Thanks for your help.

We will be in Aruba on Jan 1. Anyone know of a good beach that does snuba and stuff? Hubby wants to lounge in the sun and the kids and I want to play. :D . OH wait, you said some are topless?????? well my 18yr son won't be wanting to snuba or do anything....haha :p

Is the shopping nearby?

Thanks for your help.

As far as I am aware, SNUBA in Aruba is only offered on De Palm Island. http://www.depalm.com/ The last I heard about De Palm excursions, they were only allowing people to book a trip to their island through ship's shore excursions. In other words, no direct sales unless you are staying at a hotel on the island. You could always contact them through their website and see what they say.

If De Palm Island is not an option check out my post for a day at the beach http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=7973366&postcount=32 Palm Beach is a great spot for not only relaxing on the beach, but just about every waterport imaginable (only exception SNUBA :rolleyes: ) Oh, and topless sightings are possible there as well as other beaches, but not always guaranteed. :)

Does Moomba Beach have activities such as banana boats and watersports?

There are many watersports vendors up and down the entire beach. I know for a fact there is one next door at the Holiday Inn. All in all there has to be 10 vendors within walking distance....You can check this link for some prices, everyone is competitive, but within a few dollars of one another http://www.arubawatersportcenter.com/pricelist_WS.htm

ArubaLisa- sounds like you're an expert so I'll ask you- which beach do you recommend? We definitely need some shade (chairs,huts, etc) and some fun activities for the kids. Thank You in advance :)

We are a family of 10, ages 93 - 42 for the adults and 4 kids, ages 10 - 17. New Year's Eve day we will be spending on Palm Beach. :D See my last post on page 2 Question about Palm Beach It really is our most favorite spot in the world. :)

• 10 months later...

Great link http://www.arubatravelinfo.com/maps/arubabeachmap.jpg to a map which lists the name of the beaches and exact locations of each resort and their proximity to the cruise terminal. The very bottom of the map where it says, "Simeon Antonio" is approx. 1/2 - 3/4 miles from the terminal.

*Note the Bushiri Beach Club, also at the bottom of the map, is a resort which closed about 4 years ago, now deplorable condition.

Archived