air moorea

margaritagirl424

Has anyone flown Air Moorea? We will get into Papeete about 6:30pm and want to spend our pre-cruise time in Moorea. According to their website, the cost is $42pp for day flights or $84pp for night flights. Do we have to book ahead of time or could we just buy our tickets when we get there? Am considering just staying somewhere that first night and then take ferry over the next day, but was hoping to wake up in our owb, and not have to wait to get in later in the day.:)

thanks

Has anyone flown Air Moorea? We will get into Papeete about 6:30pm and want to spend our pre-cruise time in Moorea. According to their website, the cost is $42pp for day flights or $84pp for night flights. Do we have to book ahead of time or could we just buy our tickets when we get there? Am considering just staying somewhere that first night and then take ferry over the next day, but was hoping to wake up in our owb, and not have to wait to get in later in the day.:)

thanks

We went in March and purchased ahead - though, our LAX flight was delayed so we ended up being a day late anyway and didn't have any trouble just hopping on a plane. I'm not sure I'd leave anything to chance, however - that's just me.

It certainly was convenient to just walk to the next terminal. We only flew one way, then took the ferry to board the ship, as it was more convenient. If I could arrange to have more time in the OWB, I'd do it in a heartbeat!!

We arrived at 8.30pm from New Zealand, looked for the "tourist office" which was some men in floral shirts, got driven round to Air Moorea, and got there in 7 minutes. Be aware that the night flights are only Thursday to Sunday, only 3kg of hand luggage, and 20kg of luggage. The bus took us to the Moorea Pearl with a welcoming drink and a bungalow with our own pool. We took the ferry back to the dock and walked to the ship. More expensive but saves a lot of hassle.

All done through our TA in NZ. We just got the vouchers for Tahiti Travel and they did all the pick-ups - van to Air Moorea, bus to Moorea Pearl, bus back to Ferry Terminal. Also bus from TP to ICB at the end of the cruise and bus to the airport.

On Moorea you ring the restaurant and they come and collect you and take you home again. Expensive food but what the heck you are only there once. Have fun.

Did you folks book online or over the phone? Not sure how to call Tahiti and the cost must be outrageous.:)

I booked online (though I think I had to send them a paper confirmation via snail mail - I couldn't fax them either). It worked great. I didn't even call them when our flight was cancelled from LAX - my cell service doesn't include international and I was NOT paying hotel rates to call Tahiti. No big deal, they just placed us on the next flight.

I was worried because my bags were wwaaayyy over weight (I had to pay $$ for the regular airline on the way back). I guess they didn't weight them because no one said anything!! (I would have just stored them I guess.) (I took way too much stuff and when I return, I will pack MUCH lighter.)

I'm envious and wish I were going back soon....My best advice is remember everything moves slower in Tahiti - so expect it and don't sweat the small stuff - you'll have the time of your life!! The OWBs are awesome!!! My husband had told me that this was my "once in a lifetime trip" (for my 40th birthday), but when he was sitting on the deck of the OWB, his tune changed to "we gotta get back here"!! Yea!!:D

Have a GREAT trip!!!!

I was worried because my bags were wwaaayyy over weight (I had to pay $$ for the regular airline on the way back). I guess they didn't weight them because no one said anything!! (I would have just stored them I guess.) (I took way too much stuff and when I return, I will pack MUCH lighter.)

I read someone say to take 2 bags that weigh maybe 40lbs, so not to worry about one being over the 50lb limit on ATN. Now I read today on Air Moorea site, they only allow 1 checked & 1 carryon bag per person, and the checked bag can only be 32lbs? I have not gotten that far yet, but am concerned.

thanks for the help:)

Archived