Balcony Room on the Pearl -

debwebwall

We're a family of four - two adults - two teenage daughters - would we be better off doing a quad balcony room or two inside rooms - is there enough room in the balcony rooms for four people. I realize that the Pearl has started sailing but if someone who has sailed something equivalent to it I would appreciate your help.

We're a family of four - two adults - two teenage daughters - would we be better off doing a quad balcony room or two inside rooms - is there enough room in the balcony rooms for four people. I realize that the Pearl has started sailing but if someone who has sailed something equivalent to it I would appreciate your help.

The balcony quads are far better then the inside quads - 2 lower beds, single sofa bed , and pullman plus a balcony to escape to as others fight for the one bathroom.

Two inside everyone gets "private time" and two bathrooms. I love a balcony but I think everyone having your own space might make for a better vacation for all.

Interesting question, usually best answered by fare prices.

Pearl 5 Day Western Caribbean Jan 28

Two N Inside Cabins $1016 for each cabin, total $2036

One BC Balcony Cabin $958 each for the first two passengers, $458 each for the next two passengers = $2832

So, booking two inside cabins can be cheaper than booking one balcony cabin for four. Of course fare pricing varies week to week, so be sure to check your dates and cabin choices.

• 3 weeks later...
The balcony quads are far better then the inside quads - 2 lower beds, single sofa bed , and pullman plus a balcony to escape to as others fight for the one bathroom.

shoreguy, can you please enlighten me on 3rd/4th person accommodations? I have seen cabin descriptions including "pullman bed" and "pullout bed", but what about top bunks that fold down above the main beds? Sorry, but I'm confused.:confused:

shoreguy, can you please enlighten me on 3rd/4th person accommodations? I have seen cabin descriptions including "pullman bed" and "pullout bed", but what about top bunks that fold down above the main beds? Sorry, but I'm confused.:confused:

Pullman = single upper bunk

Pullout bed = third lower trundle bed the pulls ot from under one of the other beds.

4th passenger in an inside or outside sleep on the trundle forming a wall to wall bed.

4th passenfer in one of the quad balconies gets the sleeper sofa.

Both have a single upper bunk (pullman)

This should give you an idea of an inside layout

1230741492_3rdBed.jpg.d1c88ddfebf1d546a4e5771aa3be8d2d.jpg

we sailed on the norwegian jewel balcony cabin last xmas which is the sister to the pearl. we are 2 people and it was cramped, very little manuvering room the foot of the bed was almost up against the wall.you must decide if it is more important to have a balcony or more room to spread out with 2 bathrooms. with 2 teenagers i would opt for the 2 insides even tho i love a balcony. even tho our balcony was on a higher floor and more money it was the same size as the lower ones.

Having 2 teenaged daughters and having already experienced 1 balcony room for all I would definitely NOT do that again. We have 2 oceanview rooms booked on the Pearl for Christmas. My girls are 14 and 19. I would have done 2 insides if I had to.

I agree about getting 2 inside rooms. Or, though I don't know if this is possible for you, what about getting 1 balcony (or oceanview) room and 1 inside, or even one of the smaller suites? I love balconies, but I'd go nuts with 4 people in less than 200 square feet! ;)

My husband and I and two teenage daughters (15 and 18) sailed on the Jewel in a mini suite and we were comfortable. There was a desk and mirror that they could use for hair and make up while someone else was in the bathroom. The balcony was a great place to relax and get out of the way. Sometimes we would leave the daughter that takes her time getting ready in the room while three of us went to breakfast and we would bring breakfast back and she would enjoy eating on the balcony. Sometimes the girls would go back to the cabin ahead of us to get ready for dinner. It worked out fine and I would do it again.

Great family options info here.....thanks everyone. My husband and I are traveling with our older daughter and her husband, as well as our 21 year old daughter. We have booked two insides next door to each other, each of which will sleep 3. Our plan is for Little Sister to switch rooms 1/2 way through. Anybody know if we could have her key card programmed to work for both rooms at check-in?

Great family options info here.....thanks everyone. My husband and I are traveling with our older daughter and her husband, as well as our 21 year old daughter. We have booked two insides next door to each other, each of which will sleep 3. Our plan is for Little Sister to switch rooms 1/2 way through. Anybody know if we could have her key card programmed to work for both rooms at check-in?

No you can not but you can get a second card she can use as a room key. The primary card is also her charge card the other one will just open the door.

Archived