Roll Call - Mediterranea 1-7-07

Javacruiser

Hi all, I'm new to this site. It has been a big help. I'm looking forward to getting out of Chicago for the week. I'll be with my husband, he is 40+, and I am 30+ (just like Javacruiser!).

Thanks to everyone who posted info on Roatan...that was the hardest one to figure out. I think the shallow reef at Tayabana Beach posted by Jdleong sounds great. I'm kind of a chicken adventurer when it comes to being in the water with...creatures... and like the idea that I can scurry back to shore quickly. For the other ports, we like to adventure off the beaten path -- as much as that is possible on the popular ports...I confess, the row of diamond shops on Cozumel will not be on our to-do list.

Chicago folks...we are flying to Ft. Lauderdale. I'm hoping the new Jet Blue service from O'Hare will start to offer direct flights there eventually. Can't beat their fares to places like New York (they even had a promotional fare last month around $75 bucks RT!!!!). I am always amazed at the lack of reasonable direct flight fares out of a major hub like Chicago, but I'm hoping Jet Blue will shake things up for travelers in our area.

Happy travels!

Sarah

Welcome Voudou..... We are fellow midwesterners, about 4.5 hours north of you. We are driving to Chicago & staying by O'Hare on Friday & flying out Saturday evening. We got roundtrip air on an AA nonstop to Miami for under $150 ea. which I was happy with. Connecting flights from our nearest airport (Green Bay) would have been more than double that.

We are still hoping there is some interest in getting together on the ship for those on this thread. I'll throw something out & see what happens...... Suggest meeting at the Apollo Pool bar which is the adult only pool on deck 9 toward the back of the ship at 6pm on Sunday. This should be a good spot to be as we sail away. Since I have never been on the ship, I welcome any other suggestions for the sail away cocktail hour. 5 Days & counting!!

We're on the cruise after this one, Jan 21-28. This is our 5th cruise but the 1st with Costa. We've been to Crand Caymen and Cozumel several times but never Key West or Roatan. We loved swimming with the sting rays in Grand Caymen, I highly recommend that. We're doing the cooking class on the beach in Cozumel, sounded like fun. We're doing the zip in Roatan and in Key West we're taking a bicycle tour and then we'll just walk around. We're in Colorado, buried under about 33" of snow, I can't tell you how much we are looking forward to this cruise !!

I set up zip lining in Roatan if anybody else wants in......

I'll need to let the guy know by tomorrow as my computer will be shut down after 5:00 tomorrow, eastern time.

Heres his response to my email.

Sent: Monday, January 01, 2007 9:36 PM

Subject: Re: Zip lining at Roatan on Thurs 1/11

Hi

Glad to know you want to zip with us.You say you want to be picked up and then droped off to get a taxi to then go to the beach. The transportation back and forth from the dock to the canopy are included in the price $45 per person but i could also take you to the beach for an extra $5 per person. We could you the beach at turqouise bay or the one at west bay. Please confirm ASAP so i could give you the pick up spot at the dock

c75.... Which zipline tour is this? I'm interested but a little apprehensive because of my fear of heights. I am not interested in the bridges or climbing walls on some of the canopy tours but would consider one of the tours that are strictly zip lines. We are currently booked with Victor Bodden for an island tour but hadn't made specific plans. It would be nice to get a group together, though.... Whether it's cabbing to the zipline as you have arranged or if others are interested in joining us for a Bodden tour. Roatan seems to be a pretty flexible place for the tour operators. Speak up people.... We sail in 3 days!!!!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Archived