cave - tubing with 7 year old ?

bamagirl1

Yes - they are excellent!! Here is an excerpt from my review:

We booked our cave tubing excursion through Yhonni at cave-tubing.com. Definitely a wise choice! Yhonni and his guys are absolutely wonderful! They picked us up at the pier where we boarded an air conditioned motor coach. It was about an hour ride to the caves, at which point we hiked for about 45 minutes to the point of entry into the river. It is VERY hot and VERY humid in this jungle area. The walk is a level one, but believe me you will really be sweating by the time you reach the river. Once you get there, you can either jump in or back in. We took the safer option and backed in. The water is SO refreshing! This tour takes you through 2 large caves, as opposed to just one with the cruise ship tour. Also, the cruise ship tour herds you onto some old school buses (with no a/c). I felt sorry for those poor souls. On the way back from the river, we stopped at Cheers to eat lunch. My only disappointment in this tour was not being able to purchase one of their t-shirts. They have them for sale; however there were none on the bus to sell that day. They are missing out on some extra revenue since several people wanted one.

Note: Yhonni has asked that CruiseCritic Members no longer post the price you pay for his tour. It has something to do with a new tax that Mexico has started to impose on his company.

Oh, definitely smooth. It's a very relaxing float. The guides hook on to the front of each line of tubes and pull you along. There was only one VERY SMALL "rapid" - just a few inches deep. Trust me - your kids will love this tour - and so will you. Yhonni's crew is a lot of fun! They will stress over and over that your safety is their #1 priority while you are with them, too. The adults will need to carry the kids' inner tubes for them on the hiking portion but the tubes are not heavy. I just balanced mine on my shoulder and did fine. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need ANY more info - glad to help!

Archived