Site for private tour drivers or private taxis

Please recommend a good site to find private tour drivers anywhere in Europe. I tried using "search" because I remember seeing recs. on cruisecritic, but can't nail the recs. Thanks.

What you can do but it might take some time is go to the Ports of Call board and scroll down to Europe and then do a search of what you are looking for. Just hit "Search this forum". Hope that helps. Also I have gone into roll calls for the apropriate cruise lines and the dates arouond yours. They might have suggestions. Or post on the Europe Ports of Call board.

Marilyn

Well Lynn I am sorry but do not know that site. I do not know that much about Europe but when I need some info in the US I just go to the search engine and put in the area, town, chamber of commerce etc. That might be hard for Europe but maybe someone else has a suggestion. Good luck.

marilyn

If you list the ports you are going to, you may be able to get a lot of suggestions from people on this board. I just got back from my Med cruise and had drivers in Rome and Naples that were awesome.

Lynn

Lynn,

We are thinking of using a private driver in Naples to do Pompeii and Herculaneum in one day without any hassle of getting trains etc. Who did you use in Naples? Thanks

Richard

We just hired a driver right at the dock because we were supposed to anchor in Positano, but the water was too rough so we went to Naples last minute.

There are also some good recs. for drivers on this board...check them out.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, WE used a great company in ITaly called Benvenutolimos.com This company was so good from the get go that I can only imagine they have friends and contacts for the rest of Europe. Email Gianni at info@benvenutolimos.com and I know he will help you.

Alternatively you can email my girlfriend who is a touroperator for Europe she may have a good list you can tap into. Her name is Carolyn and email is carolyn@itrla.com Good luck!!

I agree with you. We just came back from our Med cruise where we hired private drivers in Florence, Rome, and Naples. We also used Benvenuto Limos (http://www.benvenutolimos.com). Giovanni and his team are just wonderful. I have nothing, but great things to say about them.

Crusana

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from a med cruise on SS Navigator and used Nello Russo at http://www.drivesorrento.com. This is the second driver I've used for the Amalfi Coast and he was great. He speaks very good english was knowledgable. We requested a non-touristy place for lunch and he took us to San Giovanni for lunch in Ravello. He even pre-ordered us antipasto from his cell prior to our arrival. Highly recommend.

Archived