Victory 1007

suebee53

According to the deck plan diagrams, this handicapped cabin is the same size as all the others around it. Has anyone stayed in it? Three ladies will be sharing this cabin, and I am concerned about a rollaway bed plus my electric scooter fitting into a standard interior room.

Any thoughts are very much appreciated. . .

Sue

Sue, we had a hadicapped cabin on the Victory's sister ship, the Triumph. Like yours, it was one that has a standard size footprint. The bathroom was larger than usual, and therefore the rest of the room was smaller. I can't imagine fitting a rollaway bed and a scooter into it, let alone get around once you have done so!

Unless you really need the no-threshold doors and the larger bathroom with a bigger door, I suggest that you run (or roll) from this room as fast as possible!

If it's like ours (9286), there was a wider desk to be accessible to a wheelchair, but fewer closets, and no chair, and I can't amagine that you could fit a third bed in there!

Yikes!!! That could be a major problem!

I have sent an email to Carnival's Special Needs department. It will be interested to see what they say.

Your "been there, done that" experience is invaluable, friend! Thank you!

Sue

• 4 months later...

Just returned from our cruise, and I am happy to report that it really wasn't a problem at all. Our cabin steward gave us a choice of a rollaway or a trundle bed; we chose the trundle, which hid under one bed during the day, leaving the other available for luggage storage.

The bathroom was indeed bigger, which we enjoyed: the shower was HUGE! Since there was no step into the bathroom, I was able to fold up my scooter (Easy Travel) and roll it into the shower at night while I charged the battery. (For short visits to the cabin during the day, I left it outside the door and it was fine. The wheelchairs of the other handicapped people near us were able to get by.)

We still had room for the stool that tucked under the desk, plus a chair placed in front of one of the closets. We had plenty of storage for the three of us.

Sue

Archived