Sea Princess Canada/New England September 18-28

judynorth

Sharon, I am glad to learn what caused the problem with PC dining. There is usually no problem and it is the best choice for some passengers but only if it is handled properly by the ship. There were many empty tables in traditional dining late seating, which surprised me. There were 3 tables in our section and one of those tables (a table for 6) remained empty several nights and never had the same people twice.

All of our contact with the crew was positive. Our steward (Homer) was very good and friendly. Our waiters (Braam and Constantine) were a hoot. Our 2 occasions to deal with the purser's office were efficient and our questions were answered satisfactorily. We even had a call to confirm a credit for a gift that we received. I hope that you said something on the comment card about your experiences, Sharon. There is never an excuse for such rudeness.

You betcha' we had a problem with anytime dining--As it turns out, the folks who had traditional dining came to eat in our dining room--really not supposed to do this

It would be much more difficult to go to fixed seating just because we wan't to. Unfortunately the CD told those with fixed seating--just to go over to anytime dining, so they could eat when they wanted and be able to see two shows in one night--he also announced on his morning TV show--just go on over if your dining isn't convenient for you.

When we spoke to the Maitre 'D about this--it was a bout 8:30 pm--he realized what the problem was--then he asked if we would care to dine in the second seating dinning room--he had loads of space because a great number of people were eating in the anytime dining room.

I would still choose anytime dining, whenever possible--we had never had a problem before this

And, of course, who is calling for reservations?????

MAYBE, just maybe--the people going to anytime dining and the rest of us should show our card--Guess What---probably no long line.

Nancy:rolleyes:

Judy,

Have they changed out the plastic balcony furniture on the Sea Princess yet? If so, what style furniture was it replaced with. I know the new replacement furniture on several of the other Princess Ships, the style seems to vary, so, I was just curious. We sail in November.

Thanx ;)

Judy,

Have they changed out the plastic balcony furniture on the Sea Princess yet? If so, what style furniture was it replaced with. I know the new replacement furniture on several of the other Princess Ships, the style seems to vary, so, I was just curious. We sail in November.

Thanx ;)

Our balcony furniture was white plastic (Aloha), but I noted that on the open decks at the bow, there were teak loungers.

Judy,

Thanx ;)

They are in the process of changing the balcony furniture. They exchanged our square plastic table for a round metal one during the cruise. It is much nicer than the plastic one. The chairs are still plastic but I imagine they will be changing them soon. Another thing that I failed to mention: there are sprinklers on the balconies now. Another thing: be aware that all balconies on the Sun class ships are covered and quite small. There was enough for 2 chairs and a table but just barely. Visibility is limited and you can't see much if you are sitting down because the railings are high and solid.

The balcony furniture was partially changed during this cruise--like the other poster said, the square table was changed for a round white metal table--our 2 white plastic chairs remained--but, the 4 plastic reclining chairs were changed for 2 blue molded semi-reclining chairs--don't know what they are made of--very comfortable--

Nancy:)

Archived