Home...from TP cruise. Any questions?

dog

Back again ! We are scheduled to arrive Airport 5th april 5.40 am.We board on the 6th.would like to rent a vehicle from 5th-7th April .That last day !Is there parking close to the ship for the car for the night?Thanks

Where are you staying on the 5th? Some hotels have their own parking.There is parking downtown Papeete...in parking lots and some free spots. There is a machine near the corner of the street where you buy a ticket to place in the window. This is mainly for short term parking. And you need the local currency (change) to do this. We ended up returning the car right after we boarded the ship since we had 3 nights pre cruise at the Meridien and used the car to see the island then.

I am not sure the car rental is open at the airport that early in the morning, did you check in to that? J.

Thanks WeBeGone for posting Marc & Bruno's sites.

As I reflect back on this entire trip the two excursions I find myself telling others about are Marc's Motu Picnic and Bruno's snorkelling, picnic.

I just keep seeing that amazing ride in the lagoon in those outrigger canoes.

I really wished we had planned something like this for Bora Bora, instead of the Princess Glass Bottom Boat. I think I would have had an entirely different opinion of Bora Bora had I done something like Marc or Bruno's excursion there. Just going out in the boat and sitting there looking at coral for around 2 hours and then renting a car to circle the island 2 times didn't compare to our time on Huahine or Tahaa. J.

We did Marc's 4x4 and picnic last April, with Marc himself. It was likely the absolute highlight of the trip and was one of our first "introductions (?)" to Tahiti. What a treat.

In regards to luggage on the way over, we conneted through LA. Our check-in baggage was checked in Portland and checked all the way through to Papeete. Once we entered the airport in Portland, we saw nothing until Papeete except our carry-ons. It was pretty slick!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dog, just wondered which Mini Suite you were in and if you had any problems with noise from above? I am looking at one in the 8000-8003 area (right now am booked in an aft BA, but thinking of upgrading.)

thanks,

Susan, we were in 8052 and loved it. No noise. I think it is an AB very close to AA which were mid ship. Less movement in mid to aft. It was windy a couple of days everywhere on balconies then.

I really like the aft cabins on the Grand Class ships, but the TP was much smaller and I would take 8052 again. A lot of room in the mini suites! J.

Re: noise....it was very quiet. I think I heard a little of the Island night party from pool deck when I was out on the balcony but really not much. If you do not fully close and lock the balcony door there is wind noise.

I also found IN the dining room, it was easy to hear the tablemates talking, less noisy than the GRAND or GOLDEN ships we were on, since it is a much smaller ship.

Another thing, we were always able to get a good seat for the shows and were never in a line up for tenders, as we were on the larger ships. J.

• 2 months later...

Thanks so much for your post. Like you, I find a wealth of information on these boards. I hope to pay back when we return also.

We're booked on the 10 day South Pacific - Cook Islands cruise on TP in May. Is this the same itinerary you took? If so, do you remember which nights were formal nights?

Hi dog,

Thanks for all your info. I have a few questions.

We are also in a mini suite (#8026) Are there any perks for mini suite passengers?? Was the balcony big?

Can you recommend any restaurants in Papeete??

We arrive on May 4th and our cruise begins on May 6th and I was thinking that we should rent a car so that we can drive into town on the 5th and drive to the ship on the 6th. Hertz seems to be closed at their downtown location on Sunday. Is there any overnight parking near the ship??

Thanks, Debbie

Archived