Voyager in Mediterranean

Hi everyone,

I've finally figured out why there are so few reviews of the Mediterranean cruises. I've just returned from the Voyager 9/23 cruise and I must say it was a wonderful, but exhausting experience. In time, I will be glad to post a review, but by then, the fall sailings will probably be complete.

In the meanwhile, if anyone has any questions, I would be more than happy to respond. Organizing my own thoughts to post a review will take a bit longer.

Donna:o

Hi. I hope you had a great trip. When you have recovered from traveler exhaustion, I do have a few questions. First, were you able to buy anything from the liquor store in the terminal in Barcelona and carry it on? Did you pack anything in your checked bags? I've read people commenting about not being able to carry wine on board, and others said they bought in terminal store and carried on. We just picked up documents,and they have a full page dedicated to Liquor Policy. We usually carry something in our checked bags, especially because it's such a long cruise, but are afraid to try if we will be denied boarding. Were you able to purchase any wine in France or Italy and carry on, or was it confiscated? Also, what tours did you take? We are so torn between some tours in some ports and trying to go it on our own, like Napels/Capri/Sorrento. We usually do ships tours, but it's so hard to decide. And lastely, did you spend any nights pre or post cruise in Barcelona? If so, which hotel did you stay at? We are thinking of the Hotel Jazz, a little pricey, but sounds nice and central. Would appreciate any info you can offer whenever you've recooped. Thanks again, and hope you enjoyed you cruise. :D

We leave a week from Friday (Yippee!)

Did you happen to go to aix-en-provence from the Marseilles port? If so, what transportation did you use?

Can you give some feedback on visiting Florence?

Did you go to Pompeii, Capri and Sorrento? Thought on these areas?

Thanks! Maureen

Archived