Cabin Pricing - Reduced 3rd & 4th

AnthonyF

I have booked the Millenium and got a great deal on maybe the last quad they had. Often I have tried booking online to get a cost and some the 3rd & 4th rates in the same cabin are significantly reduced and others all 4 rates are the same.

The average for 4 is really good with the price for 2 not bad, but not great.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks,

We have booked all of our Celebrity cruises for 4 in one cabin and in each case the 3rd/4th person rate is cheaper than for the 1st/2nd person. I have seen one TA website that expresses the pricing for 4 as the same cost for each of the 4 people--in other words they show an average price as being the price for each person which can be misleading. In the end, it is the total cost for the quad that should be compared when making pricing comparisons.

When monitoring your booked cabin for price drops, it is worth watching the price for 3rd/4th person as I have seen that price drop once on our cruise when at the same time the 1st/2nd person rate remained unchanged.

I figure, however it is difficult to price on-line when you see the prices for 2 and then have to contact agents for 3/4 pricing.

As someone who does most on the net it can be difficult with so many choices.

The average for 4 is great on the cruise we chose, whereas the brochure price per person (2) was fairly high.

Archived