Are there scales in the fitness centers?

Wow...never thought that I would ask that question about a cruise ship!!! I have been doing Nutrisystem for 2 months and it is really working for me. I obviously won't be on program during our cruise, but part of the deal that I have made with myself is that I have to weigh myself everyday-whether on the cruise or home. I know a lot of experts say that you shouldn't do that but I have found that it keeps me more accountable for what I am eating.

Just curious to know if there is a scale available on the ship?

Thanks!

Wow...never thought that I would ask that question about a cruise ship!!! I have been doing Nutrisystem for 2 months and it is really working for me. I obviously won't be on program during our cruise, but part of the deal that I have made with myself is that I have to weigh myself everyday-whether on the cruise or home. I know a lot of experts say that you shouldn't do that but I have found that it keeps me more accountable for what I am eating.

Just curious to know if there is a scale available on the ship?

Thanks!

They are located in the locker rooms.:)

Yes --- there are scales --- but they may NOT be calibrated properly.

I do Weight Watchers, so I weighed myself on day 3 of the cruise. I weighed 13 POUNDS more than I did at home and almost had a heart attack! Honestly, it really depressed me a bit. While I knew that it was probably just an incorrectly calibrated scale, it was still a very unhappy moment.

My tip is to weigh yourself when you get on board, before you have started to eat all of the sodium laced food. Use that as your basis. Their scales may be off by a bit, but you will know where you truly started.

When you get home, drink a lot of water for at least a day or so before you weigh yourself. Although the water is desalinated, I swear that I hold more water on the ship, from the water AND the food.

P.S. As it turns out, I gained only 1.6# this past cruise, which I was pretty happy with. Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

Yes, there are scales in the fitness/spa centers. The ones I just used on the Navigator were the exact weight as mine at home. They were the ones where you move the bottom weight to 50 lbs, 100 lbs, 150 lbs, etc., set it and then move the top to where it balances. I am a Weight Watcher and I always weigh in on the ships to help me stay focused.

The scale on Freedom said I weight SEVEN more pounds than I did at home!! :confused: I thought I gained that much until I just got home the other day, weighed myself, and was back to my true weight. *WHEW* So the scale on the Freedom is off, at least! LOL

Archived