Priceline for pre-cruise?

laodell

I bid "resort" about 9 months in advance of our cruise and got the San Juan Marriott for $95 each for four rooms. I had tried $90 twice but both failed. I bid $95 on my third try and they took it. However, as we got closer to the cruise date I began re-checking what winning bids were going for and the $95 price was now gone. Some people were paying $120. I would suggest you bid early, even if it seems like a long way off.

Thanks. I'll keep trying. I tried tonight and bid resorts for 65.00 and it said it couldn't accept that offer. Do you know if they will allow 4 people in 1 room? There are two couples and I was bidding on 2 rooms. I think I read on there that most resorts only allow 2 people in a room. We're going June 9, so we're within 8 months.

I don't have a clue about room occupancy limits. Our group of 4 couples all wanted their own room.

We did stay at the Hampton Inn once and shared a room with another couple, so in some places, at least, 4 people are allowed.

My bid of $75.00 was just accepted for the Caribe Hilton. Best price I found before bidding was $346.00 for this hotel. Others say if you bid through priceline they don't give the priceline folks great rooms, personally I don't care if they put me in a closet. I loved this hotel when I was there a number of years ago, it's right on the beach and has it's own pool. I don't know what can be better! Good luck to you.

Archived