Holland vs Celebrity

NickFank

What are the difference between Holland and Celebrity?I'm interested a cruise aboard Galaxy on 08/13/2007 but I'm indecided with Westerdam on 07/29/2007.Where I can have the best food,service and entertainment?Thanks for your answer.

NickFrank,

The two lines are more similar, than different. Both offer the best "bang for the buck" at sea.

My summary:

Item Celebrity Holland America

1) Dinning room................................superior cuisine............................................excellent cuisine

2) Buffet/Lido..................................very good selection/quality.............................excellent selection/quality

3) Service.......................................excellent, formal...........................................excellent, warm

4) Dinning room space.......................large two level, open, upscale feel...................compact two level, efficient, traditional feel

(except Zenith)

5) Cabins........................................larger than average, bright, modern decor.........very large, darker, traditional decor

6) Bedding......................................fair, some comfort issues................................best at sea, outstanding

7) Alternative Restaurant...................best at sea, 5 star service, 3 star cuisine.........very good, expensive for what you get

(Millennium class ship + Century) (all ships)

8) Pools/Deck Spaces........................very good, superior agua spa pools on..............fair, covered main pool (if needed)

Millennium class ships

9) Service staff................................international, formal, friendly...........................Indonesian, friendly and warm

10) Officers.....................................Greek, some eastern European.........................Dutch, European

11) Space Ratio (larger number

= more space/less passengers).....41 average (47 on Millennium class ships)...........42 average (Note: NCL=33, RCCL=37, CCL=35 for comparisons)

12) Type of Cruise Line......................only Premium line owned by RCI.......................only Premium line owned by CCL

Hope this helps!

Kel

I think it is important to compare ships not just the lines.

I was on Zuiderdam this spring and am booked on Oosterdam next year. Cabins and bedding were outstanding, as was service. There are tubs in every category outside and above (I am a bath kinda gal), they have a concierge lounge for their suite passengers, and service was excellent.

I preferred the food and service in the main dining room on X and the quality and variety of live music is better than on X. Buffets on HAL were better quality and more varied.

I would choose an M class ship over the Vista class DAM ships personally, but not Mercury or Galaxy, until they are completely redone. I enjoyed my comfortable accomodations and the wonderful beds on ZUI and the service we experienced was warm and personal.

What are the difference between Holland and Celebrity?I'm interested a cruise aboard Galaxy on 08/13/2007 but I'm indecided with Westerdam on 07/29/2007.Where I can have the best food,service and entertainment?Thanks for your answer.

The two cruises you have chosen are different itineraries, Galaxy 11 day Eastern Med. ...Westerdam 10 day Western Med. IMHO Galaxy better itin.

Both ships are about same size (approx 80,000 tons) Westerdam refurbished 2005 (year built 2004) ...Galaxy refurbished 2001 (year built 1996)

Cabins about same size IMHO Westerdam better cabins

Finally, I've sailed both ships about 4 years apart and IMHO the food and service are better on Galaxy. The entertainment on both ships was good.

All in all choose whichever. Both are great

Archived