Glass Bottom Boat Excursion

jaybird from SC

Looking at the glass bottom boat excursion in Freeport and Nassau and wonder if it is worth the time and money. These are first time cruisers to the Bahamas and they have never had the underwater experience. We have been to the Bahamas many times ourselves but have never taken this trip. Does anyone have info on this excursion? We will be there on October 16th. Thanks

while I've not done this specific one in the Bahamas, I normally snorkel but chose the glass bottom boat on another cruise, while being with non swimming family. this way they were able to see what I'd normally experience from the "safety" of the boat. This might be a good option for those non swimmers in your group if you have any. If everyone is game for a snorkel, IMO, I'd never sit on a boat while I could be in the water. My non swimmers however loved it and found it worth their $ and time.

We did the glass bottom boat in Freeport last year, we enjoyed it, but neither of us are swimmers. We saw lots of fish, a couple sharks and were supposed to see a ship wreck but I didn't see it. the boat moved a lot to get different views, and that was a little hard on us. But it was a nice relaxing shore excursion. We really liked it!

Archived