Kids Clubs RCC vs. Celebrity

We have cruised four times with our three kids and I believe the programs on both RCCL and Carnival were superior to Celebrity.I also found the food as far as kids menu and availabilty in the dining room best on my RCCL cruise.We cruised RCCL once, Carnival twice and then Celebrity once to Bermuda. The kids loved the destination but the Zenith was most def. their least favorite ship. They were 17, 15, and 9 the last time we cruised. We have never been on the huge RCCL ships, we did the Sovereign. Going the end of this month back to Bermuda on RCCL Empress. :)

We have done both the Rhapsody and the Celebrity Millenium with our kids (now 9 and 6). I thought the programs were very similar in the way they were planned and the kids facilities on both ships were also very similar (actually the Millenium was a little nicer). However, our experience was that the counselors on the Rhapsody were far superior. We did Alaska on the Millenium in late August last year and there were only about 50 kids on the ship. The counselors seemed worn out and uninterested. Several times we showed up and our kids would have been the only ones in the club. We had a great experience on the Rhapsody (Mexican Riviera) and my kids liked it much better.

I would do either one again but I think it depends on when you go, how many kids there are, and who the counselors are that makes more difference than which cruise line.

BTW - we liked Celebrity slightly more than RCCL (we have done two RCCL cruises). The service was much better, staff friendlier, and food definitely better at both the main restaurant and the buffet (Windjammer). The specialty restaurant on the Millenium, the Normandy, was one of the nicest restaurants I have ever been in and we have done quite a bit of fine dining. The cabins were much nicer. However, we really like RCCL and are going on the Majesty in January and would choose itinerary over cruise line.

Thank you for your responses. My dh and I did Celebrity last December. We are taking our children on the Jewel this December. (I really like top quality service) DH doesn't care. I want the children to have a wonderful time. We started debating between the December 18th Jewel and December 24th Century. We need to do what is best for the children and I think the RCC cruise would be best for them not for us. LOL

Archived