Liberty of the Seas with children 8 & 11

Hi Everyone:

I have a quote for a sailing next year on the Liberty of the Seas. It seems like a realy good deal but I just want to make sure I am choosing the right ship.

We have sailed Disney Magic and NCL Star to Alaska. My kids are 8 and 11 and loved the Magic and liked the Star but they found the Alaska itenary while on the ship a bit boring (Cold weather) but still had a great time. The Freedom ship looks amazing and I think the Liberty is supposed to be just like it.

Is it geared toward this age group of kids (8 and 11)?

How do the activities like rock climbing and ice skating work?Are the hours good? Do they charge? Long lines?

I'm looking at a E1 balcony cabin. Any thought on location and this class of cabin for a party of four that doesn't usually hang out much in a room.

I just need the slightest nudge to go ahead and book this trip for next year!

Thanks,

Jeff

We love Royal Caribbean for our son! He is 8 and loves to cruise. We have never done a Disney cruise because honestly that is too structured for my family. There are so many things fo do on one of the larger Royal Caribbean ships for families and for adults. We have traveled on the Explorer and are travelling at the end of the month on the Freedom. Adventure Ocean is great fun,the rock wall, ice skating, the new kids water park looks great, the game room. The options of different dining experiences are great as well.I say book it, everyone I have spoke to about the Freedom class ships say it is an experience that shouldnt be missed!

Hi Everyone:

I have a quote for a sailing next year on the Liberty of the Seas. It seems like a realy good deal but I just want to make sure I am choosing the right ship.

We have sailed Disney Magic and NCL Star to Alaska. My kids are 8 and 11 and loved the Magic and liked the Star but they found the Alaska itenary while on the ship a bit boring (Cold weather) but still had a great time. The Freedom ship looks amazing and I think the Liberty is supposed to be just like it.

Is it geared toward this age group of kids (8 and 11)?

How do the activities like rock climbing and ice skating work?Are the hours good? Do they charge? Long lines?

I'm looking at a E1 balcony cabin. Any thought on location and this class of cabin for a party of four that doesn't usually hang out much in a room.

I just need the slightest nudge to go ahead and book this trip for next year!

Thanks,

Jeff

Take this as a nudge, we just returned from Freedom, family of 3 11YO daughter, Family of 4 11YO daughter and 15YO son, Family of 3 15YO son. Everyone had a great time, at the rockwall, flowrider, adventure ocean, pools and arcade. My daughter 11YO has been crusing on RCL since she was 7, this was her 13th cruise, has always had a great time, even on the smaller ships and she has always made friends on the 1st day in AO

Hey AD,

We have been on Disney, Enchantment, Mariner and Explorer. They have all been great trips but some have been better than others. I would say that if you want your kids to have the best time that they can have, you should try to go when the kids are off from school.

We went this year in May. There were only abour 100 "kids" on the ship. That sounds like a lot but "kids" can be from babies to 17 yos. The simple fact was that Adventure Ocean was a very lonely place without much going on. Its like a party when nobody comes.

Our DD informed us that she didn't want to go back after the first night. For the record, we don't go on a cruise to abandon our DD in the kid's room, but we would like a few minutes to ourselves to do dinner or a show.

It is hard for my DW and I to have a good time if DD is bored. I felt as though I let her down by choosing the sail date by $$$.

So............, now we are booked on the Liberty on the 7/14/07 with some extended family members totaling about 24 people. It is costing us twice as much but that is when everyone can go.

Also, the Freedom has the H2O Zone and the Waverider. The kids would probably have a good tike whenever you cruise. Might just be better when a bunch of younger folks are on board.

Hey AD,

We have been on Disney, Enchantment, Mariner and Explorer. They have all been great trips but some have been better than others. I would say that if you want your kids to have the best time that they can have, you should try to go when the kids are off from school.

We went this year in May. There were only abour 100 "kids" on the ship. That sounds like a lot but "kids" can be from babies to 17 yos. The simple fact was that Adventure Ocean was a very lonely place without much going on. Its like a party when nobody comes.

Our DD informed us that she didn't want to go back after the first night. For the record, we don't go on a cruise to abandon our DD in the kid's room, but we would like a few minutes to ourselves to do dinner or a show.

It is hard for my DW and I to have a good time if DD is bored. I felt as though I let her down by choosing the sail date by $$$.

So............, now we are booked on the Liberty on the 7/14/07 with some extended family members totaling about 24 people. It is costing us twice as much but that is when everyone can go.

Also, the Freedom has the H2O Zone and the Waverider. The kids would probably have a good tike whenever you cruise. Might just be better when a bunch of younger folks are on board.

Thanks for the good advice. I did think about this and as you said checked on the price difference. We already have a cruise booked for Alaska next May so fall break was really the only other good time we could get away. Even when we sailed Disney my kids really wanted to hang out with us most of the time anyway. After looking at everything this ship has to offer, I think it will be the same again regardless of when we sail. I'm hoping with it being fall break that they meet up with some other kids though.

I might have to check with some of the recent cruisers to just see how many children were on the Freedom during fall break. Who knows, I might have to switch to your cruise next summer!

Archived