late seating and show times?

greatsally59

We re travelling on the Veendamn in November --- we have the late seating (8:30). I am wondering if we will be out of the dr in time to catch the late show? What times does the last show start?

We have never sailed HAL -- I enjoy the shows and don't want to miss out!

Also, this is a bit off the thread --- but I have seen several pics of the pool area --- one has statues of bears (Alaska) and another pic I saw had Dolphin statures --- do they change the statues for the locale?

Thanks,

Sally

Sally,

Last year on the Veendam the late show was at 10:30 pm, as I recall. Unless you have really slow service in the DR, you shouldn't have a problem getting to the show.

Roz

Roz, thanks.

Do most of the shows have a late show -- or do they have the late show before dinner? I hope not! I love to go to the show after dinner. Since this is our first time on HAL -- I am little hestitant as one sometimes get the impression the ship is dead afer 10 -- and we sure do want to go to a show.

ALso, another question --- is there music at the sailaway?

DO they play contemporary songs -- or is it Big Band?

We had the 8:30 dinner time and went to all the shows after dinner. Dinner was basically done by 10 pm (we had such good tablemates they usually kicked us out around 10:20:D ).

Anyway, the shows after dinner were great; and after the show my college son would head off to Northern Lights "nightclub" to dance.

Enjoy your cruise!

Occasionally there will be a "late dinner show" before you're dinner time (6:30 or 7 IIRC) but the staff & crew do know about different dining times - there are no activities that aren't available because they only happen while someone is in the DR....

Do most of the shows have a late show -- or do they have the late show before dinner? I hope not! I love to go to the show after dinner.

I can only go by how things were done on my Amsterdam cruise in January, but yes ... occasionally the show for second seating folks will be before dinner. I guess it depends on if there are some special activities taking place later that night which second seating passengers would want to attend ... such as the Dessert Extravaganza, Black & White Ball, etc. In that case, second seating dinner guests will have their show prior to dinner, so that they can attend those other activities after dinner if they choose.

But, barring any special late night activities going on aboard ship, second seating will have their show approximately 10:15 or 10:30, and should be out of the dining room in plenty of time to enjoy it.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived